Media Discussion - 2023/24

I don’t think that says net spend is included in PSR, it’s just a really clumsy way of explaining amortisation to non-financial football fans.

Selling an academy player for £20m is more financially advantageous than selling a player who cost £100m for £50m one year into a five year contract.

But that’s just common sense rather than net spend being included in PSR.

Was listening to the “Two Robbies” podcast this morning by Robbie Mustoe and Earle who are part of the US broadcast crew. Tim Howard was filling in for Mustoe today. A couple really complementary things.

1. Regarding Gvardiol, “Not huge money. I mean, he was available for everybody out there.” I’ve always thought he got way too much crap for being so expensive…when I felt like it was the market had demanded these prices of late. Funny also because the Guardian podcast I listened to after talked about how high his price was!

2. They talk about getting the team sheets before the match and if any other team doesn’t have in their “best IX” they assume it will be a struggle. But re City,
“It doesn't matter. We always say, this is a city team that is strong as it could be.
And no other team in the Premier League can do that. And so they go from strength to strength, and it's such a luxury to be able to implement players into starting life, not like, oh, this guy's a little bit older and he might not be able to get about. No matter what team they play, it's the strongest team.”

3. And a bit on the culture:
“But the history making of what this team do, and there's something that's always stuck with me about Manchester City, and Pep, is for all the success in any game they've ever played, at whatever situation it is, I've never once seen a Manchester City player showboat. I've never seen a Manchester City player go for nutmegs. I've never seen a Manchester City start the old ways.
It's almost like that isn't in them. That's not what they're about. Other teams do that, and other teams have their moments, and you see people go for the nutmegs and sort of having a little laugh.
It's almost like he's taking his team above that level. That's OK, guys. That doesn't win you anything.”

And the best,
“You talk about culture that Manchester United don't have. Manchester City have it, and Pep is incessant on trying to make sure his players are right. And I love it.”

The NBC crew are a class above any other pundit team. Likeable,unbiased with excellent in game analysis.
Mustoe is a snidey little prick.
Always has to mention 115 when giving us praise.

They are desperate to see arsenal win it ( in fact any team ) bar City,saying that I sort of understand it in a way,but one thing if we do fall short we’ll be back with a bang next season..
If one of the red shirt clubs were possibly winning four in a row the media would be completely behind them. No other club has been attacked by them the way City have for the temerity of being better than anyone else and you have to be pathetic human being to hate a great team and players for political reasons rather than sporting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.