Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn on talksport and the very first thing is city comparison with Lance Armstrong.

That station surely should be taken to court by our owners. Its gone from banter to broadcasting it over the airwaves this shit and nothing had even been proven yet.
Interestingly, they cut that **** off but not before taking him to task about what he’d said. They haven’t done that before, they usually let the caller their spleen when it comes to 115.

Net spend counts in PSR calculations so it’s far from dumb, without the player sales we couldn’t have bought all the players we have, some yes but not all.

Transfer Net spend (the thing we are talking about) does not and has never counted in PSR calculations.

The old 2010 era FFP rules looked at total allowable losses, the new ones look at % of revenue spend on transfers, agents and wages.

Neither has ever cared about net spend on transfers.

Net spend counts in PSR calculations so it’s far from dumb, without the player sales we couldn’t have bought all the players we have, some yes but not all.
Net spend isn’t in PSR calculations though.

Player sales and purchases are included along with wages, other operating costs, depreciation, sponsorship income, TV revenue, on-field performance related income etc to provide a full account of the organisation’s financial performance and outlook.

In terms of demonstrating the financial health/performance of a football club, net spend is completely pointless.

Apart from that I can only remember Kev winning numerous corners late on at the swamp with a little help from Haaland...but, if that was showboating or not is another thing.
I remember Rodney Marsh taking the piss out of ushited at Maine Road, at the Platt Lane corner flag, just before Colin Bell put us 3 up. I like piss taking or as we call it now shit housing.

I mean… you might not like it but there’s nothing incorrect in that comment, it’s a perfectly valid opinion for a spurs fan to have and there’s no reason why the BBC wouldn’t put it up when asking for input from Spurs fans in tonight’s game.

That is how 90% of football fans outside of the Manchester City fanbase think, if you can’t handle it then why are you going to a page that advertises that it’s going to share what fans say as part of the match buildup?

You’ve chosen to go somewhere to hear and see fan opinions and are throwing a hissy fit because you heard a fan opinion you didn’t like. Remind me why that’s the BBCs fault?
Well, my comment was clearly said more in jest and obviously I didn't text the BBC. I'm not sat here raging or having a hissy fit. I'm fully aware of how other fans and the BBC operate and it hasn't just dawned on me today!

However, if I've helped you vent some tension then perhaps it's done some good.

Net spend isn’t in PSR calculations though.

Player sales and purchases are included along with wages, other operating costs, depreciation, sponsorship income, TV revenue, on-field performance related income etc to provide a full account of the organisation’s financial performance and outlook.

In terms of demonstrating the financial health/performance of a football club, net spend is completely pointless.

The thing is, net spend is dumb. It's compeltely fucking meaningless and it assumes that zero is the right amount for a football club to spend...on football players...that play football. It would be like an IT department spending zero on hardware for 10 years and wanting an award for it.

However, it's getting so fucking boring hearing people loudly proclaim how shit net spend is now that City's is one of the "best" of the big clubs, when lots of us spent 2008-2018ish saying such and being shouted down by a bunch of top 4 supporting knobheads who thought it was the be all and end all of football fairness.

If someone had the wherewithall, pettiness and time, a great compiltion could be made of pundits, journalists and ex-players doing a complete 180 on net spend simply because it's no longer a stick to beat City with.
Agree completely. Nobody gave a shit about net spend until Liverpool fans started crowing about the Coutinho sale.

Transfer sales are not the only way to generate funds.

I don’t think that says net spend is included in PSR, it’s just a really clumsy way of explaining amortisation to non-financial football fans.

Selling an academy player for £20m is more financially advantageous than selling a player who cost £100m for £50m one year into a five year contract.

But that’s just common sense rather than net spend being included in PSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.