Media Discussion - 2023/24

I would think that Our Tata has not one single thought about taking down his former employer but winning the title on the back of what his own team has done.

It's quite clear from this headline what drives Herbert - not pro-football, not pro-Arsenal or their manager but blind, ignorant, malicious anti-City drivel.

Last edited:
"Their victory has however sparked comments about the healthiness of City's dominance and concerns about the competitiveness of the league."

How many titles have we won on the last day of the season, let alone the last kick?

I can just imagine the scene of one of these morons knocking on the door of the Emirates or Anfield and saying, "FFS, when are you bastards gonna compete?"

There's no competition when we win it; it's unhealthy 'cos there's sky blue ribbons on the pot!

I do wish I could read some football reporting that was informative, inspiring, creatively written and saw what the rest of the world beyond Rag/Arse/Dipperdom see.

The only conclusion an intelligent person can come to would be that it is driven by base jealousy and envy
Absolutely Dave. There are so many stories to be told if you were interested in other stuff than tribalism.

For example, I like to know how they guy from Luton is going on and his prospects, an article about all the kids coming through at Barca, why the case against Paquetta is taking so long, what is it about Dortmund that attracts so many English kids, who is the Ipswich manager and what has been his journey etc. I know some of you guys will know some stuff about those isolated cases, but I want an in depth researched piece with some personal detail and an thoughtful opinion at the end. I would pay for a subscription for that stuff, the stuff I thought I would be getting from the Athletic a few years back.

The majority of 'journalists' have strayed so far from the original job that there is no way back now. They feel like crackheads who can't wait for their latest fix of salacious gossip or negativity.

Absolutely Dave. There are so many stories to be told if you were interested in other stuff than tribalism.

For example, I like to know how they guy from Luton is going on and his prospects, an article about all the kids coming through at Barca, why the case against Paquetta is taking so long, what is it about Dortmund that attracts so many English kids, who is the Ipswich manager and what has been his journey etc. I know some of you guys will know some stuff about those isolated cases, but I want an in depth researched piece with some personal detail and an thoughtful opinion at the end. I would pay for a subscription for that stuff, the stuff I thought I would be getting from the Athletic a few years back.

The majority of 'journalists' have strayed so far from the original job that there is no way back now. They feel like crackheads who can't wait for their latest fix of salacious gossip or negativity.
Only a very small fraction of people actively use Twitter/x (about 5 per cent last time I looked) but that includes all the media people and they use it as a main source of their stories. That's why we get a totally distorted view of what is happening in this country. Tribalism of all sorts is the dominant theme especially in politics and sport. Huge stories outside London get ignored. The infected blood and Post Office scandals were ignored for at least 30 years. The role of a journaist used to be to reveal news and challenge authority. Now they just cut and paste content from other websites as part of a clickbait culture. Coverage of footbal in the UK is diabolically bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.