Media Discussion - 2023/24

The next domestic rights cycle is valued at £6.7billion over four seasons so £1.67billion per season.
The existing overseas rights deal finishes at the end of next season and is valued at £5.05billion for 3 season so £1.68billion per season.
1.67 + 1.68 = £3.35billion - 25% = approx. £2.5billion per season.
divide that figure by 20 = circa £125million each.

The above figures are very basic, however I think the gap between the haves and have nots would be much less, meaning well run clubs (City being the best run) would have the competitive advantage, but the dream would be alive for everybody else, and sustaining the pyramid at the same time. The money coming in would still be more than just about every other league as well.
It would be the start of a descending economic league, I don't know why you think giving away money for no reason whatsoever is a good idea.

Lower League clubs fucked Bury over, they didn't give two shits about a perennial member of the football league, now you want to give these cunts money for doing fuck all, bollocks to them.

I'm all in favour of donating to grassroots football as long as it ends up being audited by a responsible authority.

It would be the start of a descending economic league, I don't know why you think giving away money for no reason whatsoever is a good idea.

Lower League clubs fucked Bury over, they didn't give two shits about a perennial member of the football league, now you want to give these cunts money for doing fuck all, bollocks to them.

I'm all in favour of donating to grassroots football as long as it ends up being audited by a responsible authority.
Agreed! This extra money would simply find its way into the players pockets. Nothing would change. As you said previously, it would only make our best clubs less competitive in Europe and we would not be able to compete with the likes of the big Spanish, Italian and German clubs as they will not handcuff themselves with a regulator as we are about to.

This is true but that doesn't excuse the high volume of reader comments the BBC are publishing which are clearly defamatory. To defend itself against a libel action the publisher would have to prove that what they published is "substantially true." So to repeatedly publish comments describing our owners as cheats is defamatory unless the BBC can prove it is true. An impossible task. Yet they repeatedly refuse to alter their content even after being alerted about it.

This is what the latest version of the Defamation Act (2013) says:

(1)This section applies where an action for defamation is brought against the operator of a website in respect of a statement posted on the website.

(2)It is a defence for the operator to show that it was not the operator who posted the statement on the website.

(3)The defence is defeated if the claimant shows that—

(a)it was not possible for the claimant to identify the person who posted the statement,

(b)the claimant gave the operator a notice of complaint in relation to the statement, and

(c)the operator failed to respond to the notice of complaint in accordance with any provision contained in regulations.

The BBC is routinely breaching this act hundreds of times a day.
Seriously, I feel I'm 2 years into a law degree course just reading this thread.
I've learnt so much without realising it.
I've even starting dressing like Joe Pesci from My Cousin Vinny :)

The season has ended.

Players and managers are going on the piss/holidays or preparing to injured for the next season at the Euros.

Clickbait journo's need to keep making cash before Germany 2024 starts so I expect lots of anti city bullshit starting with articles on Pep wasting Grealish as the excuse for Engerland being shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.