Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The early years of the PL coincided with the worst slump in our history, that was particularly unlucky for us.

Just when rag revenues were going ballistic, we on the other on seemed to be locked into a never ending death spiral. Thanks to FHL and JD we avoided the indignity of bankruptcy. We got a bit lucky with Thaskin and then we got incredibly lucky when we won the lottery with HHSM.

Our transformation into a world class club has coincided with the death of conventional journalism. This is also a bit unlucky.

In their desperation to achieve click metrcs it's fair say any semblence of journalistic insight, objectivity and balance has gone. National journalism will go the same way as local, within three years it will be gone. What the landscape means for everything we care about, not just City, but life in general, literally nobody has a clue. Thanks to AI, the likes of Lawton, Deloony, Harris etc will be redundant, their skill set completely devoid of economic value.

We've seen journo dung like "Pep will fail in the PL" "Haaland won't score in the PL", "City will never win the Champions League". Just three examples from the thousands of tropes spewed out by journalists in a desperate attempt to maximise clicks. There is a reality disconnect between what people would like to happen and real world events. So that's why we are smeared as guilty before the IC has finished. It's difficult to stomach the daily dose of City hatred but IF we understand what is going on and why, it's easier to brush it off.
Superb post. The mainstream media has disintegrated because of digitisation. What remains is the Wild West. We are an easy target for the clickbait brigade.

Good post!
AI is amazing but it could also make journalists lazy. I could write a blog on anything and sound like an expert in about 2 mins just by typing a topic and a theme. Depending on how I feel I may or may not edit it for true facts, i might just sign off on it! ( I don’t of course but I couid if I wanted too)
Except that does AI not work mostly by searching the net for the subject matter and producing a collated piece based around the requestor's parameters? Pretty much what the gutter press and social media do now, starting with the slag City endgame, and working backwards to drag any shit and lies into the piece - not an original or balanced thought between the bastards!

Superb post. The mainstream media has disintegrated because of digitisation. What remains is the Wild West. We are an easy target for the clickbait brigade.
Simple answer really is to not follow social media like tik tok and twitter of whatever x.. It adds little to any normal fella of 30 years + . From reading this site just seems to wind people up. Ignoring it and treating ot for what it is means you live a happier life really.

And the media blame game begins…
If I was a city player id have no interest in playing for Englland. Its shite international football. Followed by a load of fans from the South in the main. Desperate for any reflected glory. I'd go half scouse and say we should split the country north of Burmingham anyway. Might have a bit of interest following Northern England. Blue exile in London

Apologies if already posted but below is an extract from Barney Rubble’s latest piece in the Guardian. It’s a hell of a leap from City legitimately challenging a potentially unlawful rule amendment in February to being responsible for Neymar’s 220 million transfer fee. The nonsense in the media was doing my head in but not anymore. They really are pushing inaccurate hyperbolic bollocks.

“In reality it is the opposite, a distortion of the market via state subsidies and PR aims that have nothing to do with value or competition, that lead us into such appalling non-market outcomes as Neymar being sold for €220m. The ghost of Milton Friedman says: this is not capitalism. It’s closer to the command economy.”

Is Barney the odd slate short?
I think we know where Barney “row of grinning beards” is coming from, but it’s quite entertaining to see we’ve reduced him to a state of incoherent hysteria. Even the most prejudiced Grauniad reader must be thinking wtf

It’s ironic when you look at the bill boards at Wembley Stadium tonight and read”stand together against hate”and the hatred we have to put up with.
The reality is they’re just empty words mate, they feel it is good to say and be seen saying it. They don’t mean it as such. Same as wearing rainbow arm bands and dipping the knee etc …just gestures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.