Media Discussion - 2023/24

I'm actually quite worried that the press are becoming distracted by the Euros and are forgetting to say how we are ruining football, are guilty of 115 and all our best players are leaving.

Believe it or not the commentary on ITV have mentioned our charges and today they mentioned the most expensive defender in the world, namely Gvardiol.

They are well and truly keeping their arm in.

That's Nazi level propaganda. So, just the usual Spectator fare, then...
I did reply...

"So many basic facts wrong with this article. I see the author on a completely different light now and will probably never read his column again.

If City win the APT case, there will be no free for all with respect to spending in the EPL. English football will revert to the situation where clubs' spending is limited to earnings; broadcast, matchday, prize money and sponsorship. Fair Market Value of sponsorship money is regulated by UEFA and that won't change either. So the idea that City are pushing for a free for all is wrong.

City are the only Premier League club supporting the introduction of an Independent Regulator. Think about the phrase the 'Tyranny of the Majority' and ask yourself why?

It's not 115 charges it's 130. Most journalists didn't even count the charges. This might seem like a trivial point but it is indicative of the amount of misinformation being peddled by the main stream media on this subject.

The APT and 115 cases are completely separate, so trying to connect the two is wrong.

The PL's 115 case is unlikely to succeed against City. The charges are so serious and so many major companies would need to have been involved over the 9 seasons under invedtigation, that it would be one of the biggest corporate scandals ever.

And yes, I am a lifelong blue and biased as hell. I'm also reassured by the facts. If I'm wrong and we kick off in the National League in 2026/7, I'll still be there."

... for all the good it will do.

Believe it or not the commentary on ITV have mentioned our charges and today they mentioned the most expensive defender in the world, namely Gvardiol.

They are well and truly keeping their arm in.
That's all very well, but unless they mention the class of 92, the 99 treble win, and klopp being up there with Shankley it's not really good enough.

I did reply...

"So many basic facts wrong with this article. I see the author on a completely different light now and will probably never read his column again.

If City win the APT case, there will be no free for all with respect to spending in the EPL. English football will revert to the situation where clubs' spending is limited to earnings; broadcast, matchday, prize money and sponsorship. Fair Market Value of sponsorship money is regulated by UEFA and that won't change either. So the idea that City are pushing for a free for all is wrong.

City are the only Premier League club supporting the introduction of an Independent Regulator. Think about the phrase the 'Tyranny of the Majority' and ask yourself why?

It's not 115 charges it's 130. Most journalists didn't even count the charges. This might seem like a trivial point but it is indicative of the amount of misinformation being peddled by the main stream media on this subject.

The APT and 115 cases are completely separate, so trying to connect the two is wrong.

The PL's 115 case is unlikely to succeed against City. The charges are so serious and so many major companies would need to have been involved over the 9 seasons under invedtigation, that it would be one of the biggest corporate scandals ever.

And yes, I am a lifelong blue and biased as hell. I'm also reassured by the facts. If I'm wrong and we kick off in the National League in 2026/7, I'll still be there."

... for all the good it will do.
I salute your endeavour, but it's difficult to convert opinions in that rag. The author (lol) is telling the readers what they want to hear. The truth is just a small inconvenience

That's Nazi level propaganda. So, just the usual Spectator fare, then...
He started out as a journalist on the Liverpool Echo.

This is from Wikipedia:

"In July 2011, Roger Alton gave an interview with Channel 4 News in which he lambasted members of the website Mumsnet for campaigning against the News of the World.[12] Some members of the website had campaigned against the newspaper after it was revealed that the News of the World employees had hacked mobile phone voicemail messages, including those of murdered teenager Milly Dowler and, allegedly, victims of the 7 July 2005 London bombings. Alton turned his anger on members of the public who campaigned against these practices, labelling the Mumsnet members "fair trade tea"-drinking, "organic shortbread"-eating "yummy mummies." The interview quickly became a hit on YouTube.[13]"

Whatever you think of Mumsnet he is attacking their members because they raise concerns over a newspaper that hacked the mobile phone of murdered teeenager and victims of a terrorist bombing. News of the World was shut down by its owner, Rupert Murdoch, in 2011 for these very reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.