Media Discussion - 2023/24

Half the dippers have never heard of it
That’s because it never happened. To be honest if your club has its ‘Victory Parade’ on the anniversary of the event, and are riding around the city in an open top bus and partying hard, why should / would anyone think it’s important? LFC obviously don’t, so why should the fans?

That’s because it never happened. To be honest if your club has its ‘Victory Parade’ on the anniversary of the event, and are riding around the city in an open top bus and partying hard, why should / would anyone think it’s important? LFC obviously don’t, so why should the fans?
I was at the very first match back in the Heysel when it reopened. I think it was around October or November 1986.
It was Belgium v Rep. of Ire.
2-2 and Brady scored a great equaliser.

The Belgians were very nervous about what might happen. The memory was still very raw and security was heavy but softly softly at the same time.

I went with the goalkeeper of the local team I was playing for at the time. I was over there for a year.
He asked me where I wanted to stand. He didn’t want to go in the Irish crowd through fear. This guy was 6’4” but nervous.
I said I’ll go in the Belgian crowd with him but wanted to be as close to the Irish support as I could.
The Irish support were in the section where the wall had collapsed in the disaster. There was a couple of aisles kept clear separating the home and away supporters and a heavy police presence in between.

I couldn’t help myself when we scored. I screamed for joy and got looks from all around me but to be honest even though I was in the middle of the home support, I think they were more scared of me than me of them.

I was never so proud of the Irish support and it really lifted my heart. They went out of their way to show; we are nothing like the Liverpool support from just over a year ago.

There was lighthearted banter and a real offering of a hand of friendship. It really was a good night and the Belgian crowd relaxed. They saw that there was not going to be any trouble and the welcomed the good humour.

Happy memories.
From the site of such a terrible tragedy.

I was at the very first match back in the Heysel when it reopened. I think it was around October or November 1986.

The Belgians were very nervous about what might happen. The memory was still very raw and security was heavy but softly softly at the same time.

I went with the goalkeeper of the local team I was playing for at the time. I was over there for a year.
He asked me where I wanted to stand. He didn’t want to go in the Irish crowd through fear. This guy was 6’4” but nervous.
I said I’ll go in the Belgian crowd with him but wanted to be as close to the Irish support as I could.
The Irish support were in the section where the wall had collapsed in the disaster. There was a couple of aisles kept clear separating the home and away supporters and a heavy police presence in between.

I couldn’t help myself when we scored. I screamed for joy and got looks from all around me but to be honest even though I was in the middle of the home support, I think they were more scared of me than me of them.

I was never so proud of the Irish support and it really lifted my heart. They went out of their way to show; we are nothing like the Liverpool support from just over a year ago.

There was lighthearted banter and a real offering of a hand of friendship. It really was a good night and the Belgian crowd relaxed. They saw that there was not going to be any trouble and the welcomed the good humour.

Happy memories.
Great post.

Happy memories.
Brilliant story mate, thanks for sharing.

And then sheikhy boss man bailed barclays out
Not strictly relevant but just an example of how bad Barclays was being run at the time.

Mrs Mav had worked for them for around 10 years when the opportunity came up for her to take over a business where she’d worked part time in the evening.

After a couple of years the dept she worked in reached out to see if she could come back to help part time, to which she agreed.

Worked for them for another couple of years and as her own small enterprise was developing she couldn’t split her time any more so left on good terms.

Bear in mind she had personal, business, credit card, savings, profit share, pension accounts with Barclays she went to them for a small loan to invest in her business.

They flat out refused as they didn’t have a piece of paperwork my called. KYC. Know your Customer…..

Only switched it on in what context have they been able to leap to the charges bollocks when this is an international tournament and fuck all to do with Manchester City

Only switched it on in what context have they been able to leap to the charges bollocks when this is an international tournament and fuck all to do with Manchester City …
Ahh it's the World Cup again. Does anyone know how England got on at Euro 24?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.