Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wackfest over Mainoo is in full flow, all the usual so called journalists highlighting just his contribution!!!!! nothing about anyone else.
Pure click chasing vermin.

Did I see something different? There wasn’t much improvement to the game when he came on, he did a couple of neat and tidy passes he’s hardly the second coming of Rodri is he? Another emperors new clothes alongside Rashford, Sancho and Bellingham.

Did I see something different? There wasn’t much improvement to the game when he came on, he did a couple of neat and tidy passes he’s hardly the second coming of Rodri is he? Another emperors new clothes alongside Rashford, Sancho and Bellingham.
Gordon was more impressive in his five minute cameo. Spotted and executed an incisive pass into a tight forward area to create one of very few chances. Rice hasn't managed that in three games so far.

I think Mainoo could develop into a good player but that won't happen at United because the coaching there is so poor. He has lots of energy and effort and is better than the likes of Cunningham. But his spatial awareness on the field is very poor. He doesn't seem to know where to position himself defensively and attacking players run past him too easily. This is a fatal flaw in a midfielder (we saw it happen to Trent Alexander).
I don't know if Mainoo can be coached to improve this flaw or if it is more down to pure instinct. I suspect that, like so many promising English players, he will fall by the wayside. I do think he has a great attitude though, with no playacting and arrogance, so I wish him well, even though he is at a rival club.

He did OK, certainly better than Gallagher.

Mainoo shouldn't be at these euros. It's a utd-media selection. He's been elevated way above his level. Like Bellingham. Like rice. Like taa.

It's why I say the media select our squad.
Just this.
The media are obliged to elevate someone to superstar status at every tournament and as it becomes increasingly clear that Bellingham may actually not be the world’s greatest player of his generation, up pops, conveniently, a young decent player who plays for the rags so ticks every box.
The arse-licking and hyperbole continues apace.

Just this.
The media are obliged to elevate someone to superstar status at every tournament and as it becomes increasingly clear that Bellingham may actually not be the world’s greatest player of his generation, up pops, conveniently, a young decent player who plays for the rags so ticks every box.
The arse-licking and hyperbole continues apace.
The MU-BBC are highlighting Mainoo's sublime flick on their football page - the sort of 'trick' every school footballer achieves before they reach 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.