Media Discussion - 2023/24

The empty seats thing was driven by the media, even our local paper started drawing circles around empty seats. In one picture there were lots of circled empty seats, but the paper never said it was taken at half time. It has been a relentless attack on City for well over 10 years by the red top loving media ever since it dawned on them not only were City winning trophies, they were the best organised and well run club in the world. But what really hurt the red top loving media was the fact City were going nowhere but would remain a winning club, that fact cuts deep into their heads every day.

It's not about being triggered it's that the club is trashed almost daily.

There is no pushback from City. It's very noble and dignified of them to keep silent.

However that stance has led to the situation now where on a tweet not about football there are people mocking and laughing at City.

Those lies and the daily trashing of the club has cut through to the wider public around the world.

If you're ok with that and not bothered, then fair enough.

I think City should do better in protecting its image from those that wish to trash it.

There's a reason why multi billion pound companies still have sustained PR in the media.

Just the way I see it.
Why should the club (or WWE) care about Twitter football "fans" saying "yeah but Citeh haven't got any fans LOL"?

I'd imagine highly successful businessmen/women are more interested in City's viewing figures both in Europe and across the pond, actual & real ticket sales both at home and for the upcoming US tour, and the not small matter of City currently working to expand the Etihad by approx 7,000 seats.

Why should the club (or WWE) care about Twitter football "fans" saying "yeah but Citeh haven't got any fans LOL"?

I'd imagine highly successful businessmen/women are more interested in City's viewing figures both in Europe and across the pond, actual & real ticket sales both at home and for the upcoming US tour, and the not small matter of City currently working to expand the Etihad by approx 7,000 seats.

Myy point wasnt about what some people on twitter say.

My point was we've had years and years of shite in the media with no attempt at any pushback from the club. There's no sustained City PR like the redshirts do. No one doing any sustained correcting etc.

As such, on a tweet not about football, some people around the world were repeating this same ill informed shite.

What exactly do you think the club should do about random idiots on twitter who think they're being funny?

Perhaps you could pass on your ideas to the club?

And yes, I'm really not bothered about some no-marks comments on twitter, not that I'm on it.

My point wasn't exactly about what people on twitter are saying.

My point was about the lies in the British Media and how the club does nothing to counter it.

My point is with no pushback, no attempt at any sustained PR to counter the lies from the mainly British media, then on a tweet not about football, people round the world were repeating these lies.

If you don't care, then good for you. I think it's a problem that the club might want to consider trying to counter.

Last edited:
My point wasn't about what people on twitter are saying, ffs how are some of you not getting this??

My point was about the lies in the British Media and how the club does nothing to counter it.

My point is with no pushback, no attempt at any sustained PR to counter the lies from the mainly British media, then on a tweet not about football, people round the world were repeating these lies.

If you don't care, then good for you. I think it's a problem that the club might want to consider trying to counter.
So you keep saying , just ignore the media and defo twatter and you will feel better

My point was we've had years and years of shite in the media with no attempt at any pushback from the club. There's no sustained City PR like the redshirts do. No one doing any sustained correcting etc.

As such, on a tweet not about football, some people around the world were repeating this same ill informed shite.
City's media/PR strategy over the past 15yrs has been a strange one, do they even have a PR department?

But nonetheless, ill informed shite about no fans, cheats etc is nothing but white noise from bitter opposition fans & hacks looking to deflect from the failure of their own clubs.

City being "cheats" and "having no fans" hasn't stopped us winning 6 out of the last 7 titles. Attracting a squad of top class players. Needing to expand our stadium, twice. Becoming the most watched team in the US and selling out US tours. Attracting a merchandise collaboration with a huge US company in WWE.

Tribalism and jealousy is such that if it wasn't "cheats" and "no fans", then upset journos and opposition fans would just be peddling some other myths instead.

Well just look how well all that positive PR is working for the rags.
The moment you mention twitter, the rest isn't worth reading.
There's a reason the club don’t respond and it's not to upset people like you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.