Media Discussion - 2023/24

Basically, according to these 'experts' - if you endeavor to affect the game but fail (Foden) then you're actually worse then someone not trying to do that at all (Saka, Rice).
The leading English PL players ie Foden, Saka, Rice, Walker, Trippier, are just shattered after an absurdly-long season made worse by meaningless international breaks. Those who haven't played much, like Mainoo, look fresher because they have played less matches. I accept that Akanji (also perhaps Ake) is the exception to the rule but Bernardo has also looked shattered for Portugal. The PL is much tougher than any othere leagues. City's first pre-season game is in three weeks time. This is just madness.

Feel that Wimbledon fans should have protested when the club was moved to Croydon. It was much nearer than Milton Keynes but outside their catchment area and involved sharing a ground with a rival. The 99 cup tie was the only time I saw Wimbledon at Selhurst and felt more like a home game for City.

They did. They boycotted home games at Selhurst for several years in protest about the club unable to relaocate back to Merton. I felt a bit sorry for the club - they had to move as Plough Lane wasn't able to meet the requirements of the Taylor Report, and the council didn't want them so wouldn't help to allow them back into the borough. There are some arguments that the fans' boycott basically left the new owners with little choice of either closing the club altogether or moving it somewhere else that could accept a bigger stadium - something that eventually happened when they morphed into MK Dons.

The leading English PL players ie Foden, Saka, Rice, Walker, Trippier, are just shattered after an absurdly-long season made worse by meaningless international breaks. Those who haven't played much, like Mainoo, look fresher because they have played less matches. I accept that Akanji (also perhaps Ake) is the exception to the rule but Bernardo has also looked shattered for Portugal. The PL is much tougher than any othere leagues. City's first pre-season game is in three weeks time. This is just madness.
Great piece by Onuha on beeb about this

And Alvarez has been selected to play for Argentina at the Olympics. If Argentina go all the way to the final, as is very possible, he won't finish until 10th August.

Honestly, I won’t post anymore after this, but this is absolutely hilarious!

Look, it’s the clown from Sly Sports News.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.