Media Discussion - 2023/24

The leading English PL players ie Foden, Saka, Rice, Walker, Trippier, are just shattered after an absurdly-long season made worse by meaningless international breaks. Those who haven't played much, like Mainoo, look fresher because they have played less matches. I accept that Akanji (also perhaps Ake) is the exception to the rule but Bernardo has also looked shattered for Portugal. The PL is much tougher than any othere leagues. City's first pre-season game is in three weeks time. This is just madness.
Probably accounts for the poor standard of the tournament in general.

I said it a while ago this is the proof of too much football being played on the altar of wonga for UEFA and FIFA. Factor in the minimum 2 extra Champions League games and the Club World Cup plus an extended World Cup in 2026 and it will only get worse.

A poster replied we need to reduce the PL to 18 teams, UEFA would look at that and expand the CL to a minimum of 10 games to feather their lucrative nest, they're cuckoos living on the back of PL success.

Sly sports going to incredible lengths to keep the their paymasters relevant
Their top transfer reporter talking like a deluded rag more in blind hope than actual facts it’s hilarious

Probably accounts for the poor standard of the tournament in general.

I said it a while ago this is the proof of too much football being played on the altar of wonga for UEFA and FIFA. Factor in the minimum 2 extra Champions League games and the Club World Cup plus an extended World Cup in 2026 and it will only get worse.

A poster replied we need to reduce the PL to 18 teams, UEFA would look at that and expand the CL to a minimum of 10 games to feather their lucrative nest, they're cuckoos living on the back of PL success.
UEFA and Fifa love the dosh.

The leading English PL players ie Foden, Saka, Rice, Walker, Trippier, are just shattered after an absurdly-long season made worse by meaningless international breaks. Those who haven't played much, like Mainoo, look fresher because they have played less matches. I accept that Akanji (also perhaps Ake) is the exception to the rule but Bernardo has also looked shattered for Portugal. The PL is much tougher than any othere leagues. City's first pre-season game is in three weeks time. This is just madness.
I think Ake has had his minutes managed by Holland as he keeps being substituted on 65 minute mark.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.