Media Discussion - 2023/24

Yeah fortunately we don't have teams franchised by the league but rather clubs that are members.

The MK Dons thing was insane for English football. Never thought that would happen to an English team.

Good to see that Wimbledon supporters didn't take it lying down. AFC Wimbledon is alive and very much kicking. MK Dons are now a clearly separate entity. Although apparently matches between the two are a pretty tasty affair.

Thing about clubs moving in the States that's pretty obvious: the distances are absolutely huge. When the Lakers moved out to L.A. it just must have left Lakers fans in Minneapolis high and dry. Although the Lakers were apparently in pretty dire straits financially and in danger of going under before the move. The one thing that I hear over and over again from Americans travelling round in Europe is how tiny they find it, and how small the distances are. I suppose seen from New York, or Chicago, or Los Angeles, the idea of a Wimbledon fan travelling to Milton Keynes to continue to follow his/her team must seem like nothing at all. A brief train ride.
What they don't get, by and large, is how extremely local sport is in Europe. A club, especially a football club, is not simply rooted in a city, but often in a specific district of that city. Look at City, and the way some people mourn that we're no longer in M14! (Although it could be argued that if you go back to the Hyde Rd years, moving to Eastlands was a kind of homecoming, it being actually closer).
Saint-Etienne is a mere 40 kms from Lyon (I know, because I often did it by car on winter evenings, on one of the most dangerous motorways in Europe, I would imagine). Believe me, no Saint-Etienne supporter would be seen dead going to Lyon to follow their club. It just couldn't happen. The only time a stéphanois will agree to set foot in Lyon is when there's a derby. And vice versa.

Literally every single one calling for foden to be dropped and while i admit he hasnt been great, to say he has been significantly worse than any of the other dross and to be singled out for it shows how biased pundits are, there is not a single player in that team who you couldnt make an argument for dropping.

Literally every single one calling for foden to be dropped and while i admit he hasnt been great, to say he has been significantly worse than any of the other dross
Dunk the city player.... he's a witch.
Fuckin media led sheep in this country

The Raiders started out in Oakland, relocated to LA, then relocated back to Oakland before moving to Las Vegas. The Cardinals started in Chicago (under another name), relocated to St Louis and then moved to Arizona. The Colts started in Baltimore and relocated to Indianapolis. The Houston Oilers became the Tennessee Titans following relocation to Nashville. The Chargers had their first season in LA before relocating to San Diego and then back to LA.
The Colts by all accounts literally sneaked out of Baltimore in the middle of the night to Indy as they knew the Locals wouldn’t be too happy. It’s all about who’s paying for the new Stadium etc over there these days (eg after years of speculation over the Team moving Jacksonville have just stumped up the cash to keep their Team)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.