Media Discussion - 2023/24

FSG will love this headline in their favourite paper.

Nauseating gaslighting from the bbc - the boy prince now ffs
The problem with the media and it shows with articles like this is that they think they can tell people what to think, they assume that everyone watching cannot see what is actually happening during the games and we should all just think what they tell us and its infuriating, this pathetic narrative of the england team showing heart, grit etc etc is pathetic and the reality is that they have been very lucky and there is nothing wrong with that sometimes it is better to be lucky than good, tent peg has shown that in his last 2 seasons but the press telling us that we were too stupid to understand football and its all part of a masterplan is galling.

The problem with so many journalists is they think they are qualified to speak.

They are qualified to write. That is their qualification.
The rest is just opinion. No more/no less valid than yours or mine.

Except on certain subjects. We watch Foden, Walker, Stones week in week out. We are better qualified to speak about them.
But even on here we have different opinions.

Henry Winter talks like he's an authority on all things football. He's now a 'football writer' cos he was sacked.... I mean made redundant.
Just because he speaks with a very 'correct' accent doesn't make him a font of knowledge. Majority are like this.
Only Martin Samuel stands apart really.

Last edited:

Not sure we can call them journalists anymore, very rare that they either ‘investigate’ or ‘report’, as the majority are opinion pieces, specifically written to sell engagement and influence.

In short, there’s no longer an art to journalism, just the art of gaining money or power.

Not sure we can call them journalists anymore, very rare that they either ‘investigate’ or ‘report’, as the majority are opinion pieces, specifically written to sell engagement and influence.

In short, there’s no longer an art to journalism, just the art of gaining money or power.
Bang on.
Employers wants clicks. They generate money through advertising, so they play to the masses.

Except on certain subjects. We watch Foden, Walker, Stones week in week out. We are better qualified to speak about them.
But even on here we have different opinions.

Henry Winter talks like he's an authority on all things football. He's now a 'football writer' cos he was sacked.... I mean made redundant.
Just because he speaks with a very 'correct' accent doesn't make him a font of knowledge. Majority are like this.
Only Martin Samuel stands apart really.

They also know that association with a far reaching news outlet on an open forum such as Twitter gives their opinion more credence, than mine or yours, to millions.

Large numbers of the public believe that everything written in a paper, on Twitter or is spoken on Sky Sports is gospel*

*Unless it is disparaging to their team obviously

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.