Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Liew, our mate at the Guardian wrote about when the Spanish match turned against us, that throw in. It's this line that got me..
'Walker a powerful man, takes a run up, winds up those fearsome, Carrington-carved muscles.........

I'm focused on a word, maybe it's me but come on, no one, not even Liew is that stupid.
There's something worse than the Carrington mistake in there. It's a racist trope to describe the physicality of black sportsmen, who are seen as 'muscled' and 'powerful' rather than technically gifted.

The liberal Guardian showing its underlying racist attitudes again.

Jonathan Liew, our mate at the Guardian wrote about when the Spanish match turned against us, that throw in. It's this line that got me..
'Walker a powerful man, takes a run up, winds up those fearsome, Carrington-carved muscles.........

I'm focused on a word, maybe it's me but come on, no one, not even Liew is that stupid.
I think the "Carrington carved muscles" jibe is a way of referencing PEDs or steroids.
I could be wrong;-)
Wasn't there once a famous sportsman escaped through a toilet window to avoid drug testers at Carrington.

Imagine if Bellingham played for City and Foden for RM all the pundits/Clickwhores would he telling us
- Bellingham is arrogant, selfish, and doesn't play for the team, whilst
- Foden is a selfless generational talent and we should build a team around him.

As it is they can all go F##k themselves, I know who I want at my club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.