Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure how to say this without sounding perhaps both annoyed, embarrassed, and concerned

as a City supporter from the states and native New Yorker

But the 2 press conferences in North Carolina and New York City now with “journalists” asking questions that are about as woefully shallow as it gets or even worse cluelessly bizarre

Putting our players and manager in extremely awkward situations with not just pre-Golden Globe interview level fluff questions were actors would walk out but also unrealistic or confusing questions about North Carolina or New Jersey.

The one about Jersey was so confusing I didn’t even understand what was going on with that question and nor did an extraordinarily polite Erling Haaland, who deserves incredible kudos for navigating that one.

I get that this may have happened in part because we get such abysmal media coverage masquerading as objectivity within the UK and Europe although the two football writers for the New York Times are part of that we know their names.

I could go on and speculate about why this may be the case and I can see the reasons some of which make quite a bit of sense in terms of helping the club grow and that preseason is effectively a promotional tour with other aspects to it that of course is why one has preseason to prepare for the season.

I do think it could’ve been done better I hope some of the other press conferences are better and they should figure out how to help questions if they’re going to be controlling the questions which might be happening

Or the people who they bring in

Maybe find some others who are knowledgeable in the sport city for who they are I mean even NBC coverage here which is nowhere near as negative as we know we get from sky BT et cetera

There could be some better questions

Erling Haaland said something incredibly profound and hinted at some other interesting things that was just completely ignored or was not allowed to be followed upon.

I’m paraphrasing but he said I want to become a better footballer and a better human.

Mic drop there but instead they dropped the ball.

But the 2 press conferences in North Carolina and New York City now with “journalists” asking questions that are about as woefully shallow as it gets or even worse cluelessly bizarre
You should see the questions Pep gets asked weekly by the Manchester press pack!

The Peterborough Chairman was defending us on Talkshite probably because we have loaned him a few players in the past.This is a prime example of a pundit giving an unbalanced view in a positive way towards City instead of the usual negatives, didn't stop Spurs fan Buckland showing his disappointment though.

But with all his knowledge we’ll only win by having an expensive legal team compared to the multi billion pound backed premier league who have call saul.

I’m not sure how to say this without sounding perhaps both annoyed, embarrassed, and concerned

Putting our players and manager in extremely awkward situations with not just pre-Golden Globe interview level fluff questions were actors would walk out but also unrealistic or confusing questions about North Carolina or New Jersey.

The one about Jersey was so confusing I didn’t even understand what was going on with that question and nor did an extraordinarily polite Erling Haaland, who deserves incredible kudos for navigating that one.

I get that this may have happened in part because we get such abysmal media coverage masquerading as objectivity within the UK and Europe although the two football writers for the New York Times are part of that we know their names.

I could go on and speculate about why this may be the case and I can see the reasons some of which make quite a bit of sense in terms of helping the club grow and that preseason is effectively a promotional tour with other aspects to it that of course is why one has preseason to prepare for the season.

I do think it could’ve been done better I hope some of the other press conferences are better and they should figure out how to help questions if they’re going to be controlling the questions which might be happening

Maybe find some others who are knowledgeable in the sport city for who they are I mean even NBC coverage here which is nowhere near as negative as we know we get from sky BT et cetera

Erling Haaland said something incredibly profound and hinted at some other interesting things that was just completely ignored or was not allowed to be followed upon.

I’m paraphrasing but he said I want to become a better footballer and a better human.

I think they’d prefer fluff questions about New Jersey than asked if they’re getting any off the books bungs for the game.

Not sure what the media in the USA is like these days but here the football coverage is crass. Most reporters haen't got a clue what is happening at the clubs and press conferences are laughable with one moronic question after another, usually promoting a biased narrative. The quality in the so-called mainstream media has never been lower. In fact traditional journalism has pretty much collapsed and been replaced by hysterical tribal propaganda on social media platforms. Not sure where it will end.

What are they building, lego or meccano?

How the fuck can you decipher that from training?

Just shows the absolute bullshit propaganda sky sports news spew out about the red cartel wankers.

Just shows the absolute bullshit propaganda sky sports news spew out about the red cartel wankers.
ABC, anything but city

I’m waiting for the article that says they really should have won the league with all the money they’ve spent…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.