Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%.
And having been deep into the Olympics for the last fortnight and having been exposed to a wide variety of other pundits, it just shows up the inadequate football ones even more for what they are.

It's been very refreshing to hear these pundits, yes of course they want their fellow countryman to win but aren't biased.
Explain what's going on no waffling about something that's got nothing to do with what I'm watching.

It really has shown how poor most footballer pundits are.

PS I couldn't stand that scouse pundit talking about that sport of kicking each other in the head ;)

In a puff piece in the Times, promoting a book by the former Liverpool director of research, Ian Graham, Paul Joyce waxes lyrical about how Liverpool became "the envy of the PL in the transfer market".

Given that Graham joined them back in 2012, it seems odd that Joyce neglects to mention the £1 million that the dippers paid City for hacking us in 2012-13. "If you go back to our signings... to January 2013... all the best signings had the go-ahead from scouting", say Graham. For 'scouting', I guess some might substitute 'hacking'.

The man at the heart of the alleged hacking was Michael Edwards, head of performance and analysis, who according to Joyce is "revered" (not sure who by). What ever happened to him, you might ask? Well, as of this summer, he is the dippers new CEO!

What was the FAs response following their investigation into the allegation of hacking, which ironically was revealed in the Times in September 2019 and described by them as the "biggest incident of alleged misbehaviour by one top-flight club to another in the Premier League’s history"? No further action "due to the amount of time that has lapsed and because the governing body considers the matter to be settled between the clubs". At least they looked into it; the PL, under Richard Masters, declined to get involved... cunts!

Last edited:
It's been very refreshing to hear these pundits, yes of course they want their fellow countryman to win but aren't biased.
Explain what's going on no waffling about something that's got nothing to do with what I'm watching.

It really has shown how poor most footballer pundits are.

PS I couldn't stand that scouse pundit talking about that sport of kicking each other in the head ;)
Yep - over the summer we have, golf, tennis, athletics, cricket, Olympic analysis from excellent pundits, presenters (Balding excepting), analysts. Now it's back to the thick, biased and inarticulate.

Last edited:
100%.
And having been deep into the Olympics for the last fortnight and having been exposed to a wide variety of other pundits, it just shows up the inadequate football ones even more for what they are.
The Olympics presenters speak more eloquently too. There maybe regional accents, which is fine, but they pronounce words correctly.

Think this is confirmation the tide is turning, my view. What do you think.
I think your right. An acknowledgement of the complexity of the case which those on here are fully aware of and the difficulties that the PL face in proving their case shines through. True to say the seeds of doubt are planted in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.