Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC reporting the Mendy trial and stating he is a Manchester City footballer - another deliberate error to sully our name. They don’t keep making such basic errors… it deliberate and aimed to keep damaging our brand.
Technically it’s true until Saturday

It's ridiculous that every player we don't sign (Bellingham etc.) is exceptional. When Rice signs for Arsenal watch how exceptional he is. When he signs for us, watch how its a tough fit.
Shock horror. BBC headline. 'An exceptional player' - what will Mount give Man Utd?

Oddly enough, I think she's right for all the wrong reasons. She's stumbled on the outcome, but doesn't know why. It's not as if Guardiola makes any phone calls to clubs!

I'm not sure City were totally in on Rice as we have midfielders anyway. I think getting him would have been a bonus only and would have helped us control the mid much easier, so now we're back to great control, not fantastic control.

We know City have form for showing interest in a player that a rival might be into too, so that forces that rival to anxiously drive their bid up to where they didn't want to go and we just walk away and leave them with the bill.

Otherwise we'd just flat out slap a big offer down that no one challenges.

But we didn't do that, did we...?
I don't think Pep would have broken his family holiday to get involved in some elaborate plot to mount a fake £90m bid for Rice as a favour to Arteta and I don't think he would do anything behind Khaldoon's back. No doubt there are lots of informal conversations between managers at lower levels of football during transfers but the scale of City these days and the size of this transfer would have to involve a lot of people. I don't think City ever bluff on transfers. We make our best offer and that's it. We walked away from Kane when it got silly as well.

I don't think Pep would have broken his family holiday to get involved in some elaborate plot to mount a fake £90m bid for Rice as a favour to Arteta and I don't think he would do anything behind Khaldoon's back. No doubt there are lots of informal conversations between managers at lower levels of football during transfers but the scale of City these days and the size of this transfer would have to involve a lot of people. I don't think City ever bluff on transfers. We make our best offer and that's it. We walked away from Kane when it got silly as well.
As previously posted, doubt very much Pep is involved in any transfer discussions between clubs …….consulted but wouldn’t be talking ££££

No, I agree with all of that, of course, but we're notorious for having let it slip we're 'interested in', watching the rivals panic and chase and us walking off.

Ask the Scum about getting suckered in from our links!

Oddly enough, I think she's right for all the wrong reasons. She's stumbled on the outcome, but doesn't know why. It's not as if Guardiola makes any phone calls to clubs!

I'm not sure City were totally in on Rice as we have midfielders anyway. I think getting him would have been a bonus only and would have helped us control the mid much easier, so now we're back to great control, not fantastic control.

We know City have form for showing interest in a player that a rival might be into too, so that forces that rival to anxiously drive their bid up to where they didn't want to go and we just walk away and leave them with the bill.

Otherwise we'd just flat out slap a big offer down that no one challenges.

But we didn't do that, did we...?
Really?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.