Media Discussion - 2023/24

Did you see the article in the mUen likening Rodr's red card to Cancelo's and Pep's response be not playing Rodri any more. Absolute stupidity from the reporter.

If you ever watch Peps press conferences you'll realise a lot of them aren't the sharpest tools in the box. They're shit stirring fuckers out to cause unrest. It would be terrible if a few got a good hiding one day, that area around the stadium can be awfully rough.

Did you see the article in the mUen likening Rodr's red card to Cancelo's and Pep's response be not playing Rodri any more. Absolute stupidity from the reporter.
It reminds me of an incident early on in the Chumps League when we took a mauling from a lowly opposition and an emotional Joe Hart in a post match interview said something along the lines of it being an unnaceptable team performance and we weren't good enough.

Then the same interviewer later on approached Mancini and told him "Joe Hart said your team aren't good enough" and an enraged Mancini snapped back along the lines of "oh he said that did he, maybe he should stick to doing his job as a goalkeeper!" putting him in the dog house. Then soon after rumours starting swirling about Hart was being replaced by an incoming Begovic.

The press are desperate to find any angle to put a wedge between the players and manager to try and derail the team.

Mirror headline “Pep shows his disdain for the Carabao Cup”. Fucks sake, no manager has regularly played stronger sides, nor won the fucker more, yet due to an injury crisis and fixture congestion he’s going to give game time to squad players, how is that disdain? What about united’s disdain for the premier league, they don’t seem to be taking it very seriously?

I see that the BBC football gossip page writer hasn't turned up yet - they'll have to get slimy Simon to write it instead.

Mirror headline “Pep shows his disdain for the Carabao Cup”. Fucks sake, no manager has regularly played stronger sides, nor won the fucker more, yet due to an injury crisis and fixture congestion he’s going to give game time to squad players, how is that disdain? What about united’s disdain for the premier league, they don’t seem to be taking it very seriously?
In my opinion Pep has brought this headline on himself with the below quote, If he had simply omitted the highlighted part I doubt the headline would have appeared or if it did I would agree with you. However having included it the statement does show a certain amount of disdain regardless of our/his history in the competition.
cupj.jpg

I see that the BBC football gossip page writer hasn't turned up yet - they'll have to get slimy Simon to write it instead.
They and the rest of the media will all still be busy throwing bouquets after a North London derby that these days rarely means anything as far as the title race goes. Although spitty throwing digs at Ramsdale for applauding a save by his replacement and ratty criticising the Tarquins forwards for ruining his title prediction will level it out a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.