Media Discussion - 2023/24

In my opinion Pep has brought this headline on himself with the below quote, If he had simply omitted the highlighted part I doubt the headline would have appeared or if it did I would agree with you. However having included it the statement does show a certain amount of disdain regardless of our/his history in the competition.
View attachment 94330

That’s not disdain, that’s explaining sensible squad management.

In my opinion Pep has brought this headline on himself with the below quote, If he had simply omitted the highlighted part I doubt the headline would have appeared or if it did I would agree with you. However having included it the statement does show a certain amount of disdain regardless of our/his history in the competition.
View attachment 94330
He’s trying to make a point that some competitions are going to suffer if players don’t get rest.
Other managers will now have the guts to follow suit - it takes a leader to press for changes

impartial BBC Sports staff react to the news Rodri will miss the Arsenal game
theyll-jump-at-the-chance-to-help-you-out.jpg
Arsenal, and the whole of planet earth, will swallow the narrative over the next two weeks that we are doomed without Rodri, thus lulling them into a false sense of superiority and ultimately leadind to the tarquins downfall.

He’s trying to make a point that some competitions are going to suffer if players don’t get rest.
Other managers will now have the guts to follow suit - it takes a leader to press for changes
Tbf, most Premier Managers have played weakened teams in the Lesgue Cup over the years. I could never understand it for teams like ours pre Sheikh and the other clubs who had not much chance of winning anything else.

Pep, in this instance is just following suit, if we won this and the next game it means playing the quarter final mid week commencing the 1st Jan (with permission) or playing a complete second team made up of players who are not in the Club World Cup (original date in December).

I think this season we forfeit the LC, Newcastle are a best priced 21/10 with 365, that’s very good value, leave this tournament to the minnows, Rags, etc.

View attachment 94330
No he hasn't, you've done what the journalists do and cherry picked one sentence out of a reply and ignored context.

They and the rest of the media will all still be busy throwing bouquets after a North London derby that these days rarely means anything as far as the title race goes. Although spitty throwing digs at Ramsdale for applauding a save by his replacement and ratty criticising the Tarquins forwards for ruining his title prediction will level it out a bit.
Neville is a total turd. Carragher is even worse. Neville compared Rice to Roy Keane other day, surprised Keane hasn't had him over that. Rice not fit to lace Keane's boots as a footballer. The fact Carragher is still employed after the spitting incident is laughable.

Even though previously his "press for change" was to filed really strong 11's in all competitions presumably to show other clubs it can be done?
I do believe that generally on here that has been seen as a positive stance and one that should be applauded but instead the media has been viewed as seeing this as us having an unfair advantage?
So basically whatever Pep is currently saying is the correct approach even if has essentially turned 360 on his previous position?

Probably been brought up before, but I (whilst looking for something else slightly related ) came across this piece on goal.com after the 1st round of CL matches and the effect that has on a teams chances of winning.
IMG_9951.jpeg
So, 1st paragraph - factual, accurate and fine

2nd paragraph dearie me, how much salty bitterness oozed out across the keyboard as a cartel club fanboy hammered the keys to include as much bile as possible in one paragraph.

‘Another Ridiculous flight of fancy’ - what? Huh? Have you seen our squad size? Have you seen the injury list to ‘A’ team players? What other flights of fancy?!?

‘Catalan coach’ - ah you’re a Spanish cartel supporter then. Why bring up a managers background…

‘Abu Dhabi backed’ , and there it is, the City bingo card bonus accumulator. None of the other teams in the article were described as ‘US backed’, ‘Italian backed’… but little old City, we are ‘state backed’ lol.

‘Ridiculously easy’ - yes, possibly, but hey that’s what happens when you’ve been top of European clubs for a decade and have racked up those cartel inspired coefficient points, and are CL holders. Compare to City’s groups back when we were at the level of Newcastle now.

‘Their B team’ - and with a final dig at the expansiveness (not) of City’s squad, the cartel keyboard warrior hits the article submit button, knowing he’ll hit their target metrics for chasing the dwindling audience of this piffle output.

Neville is a total turd. Carragher is even worse. Neville compared Rice to Roy Keane other day, surprised Keane hasn't had him over that. Rice not fit to lace Keane's boots as a footballer. The fact Carragher is still employed after the spitting incident is laughable.
The fact Carragher is employed to comment on football matters is laughable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.