Media Discussion - 2023/24

I watch motd on record.
Watch City stuff completely.
If news reports say a game was good, I watch the game highlights.
Everything else is fast forwarded, unless during analysis, they put up a fact graphic, then I’ll rewind , pause it and fast forward again.
For Saturday goals, other than city, just record motd2, and watch the roundup highlights.

I used to watch all the way through, but there’s only so many years of red shirt smoke blowing a person can inflict on oneself!
I do the same with MOTD. I also record Football Focus and fast forward through it, only watching items regarding City.

It reminds me of an incident early on in the Chumps League when we took a mauling from a lowly opposition and an emotional Joe Hart in a post match interview said something along the lines of it being an unnaceptable team performance and we weren't good enough.

Then the same interviewer later on approached Mancini and told him "Joe Hart said your team aren't good enough" and an enraged Mancini snapped back along the lines of "oh he said that did he, maybe he should stick to doing his job as a goalkeeper!" putting him in the dog house. Then soon after rumours starting swirling about Hart was being replaced by an incoming Begovic.

The press are desperate to find any angle to put a wedge between the players and manager to try and derail the team.
Are you are referring to the Dortmund game at home in 2012?where Joe was MOTM and they absolutely battered us that night? In that group we also had Ajax and Real Madrid, all four teams were Champions the season before, we ended up with three points, dead rubber last match at Dortmund away. My first Euro trip, Mario got shit all game from the Dortmund fans.

Mancini’s only other campaign was a group made up of Bayern, Napoli and Villarreal in 2011, we had 10 points in that group and failed to get into the Champions League knock out stage.

Hardly “lowly” opposition :-).

Mirror headline “Pep shows his disdain for the Carabao Cup”. Fucks sake, no manager has regularly played stronger sides, nor won the fucker more, yet due to an injury crisis and fixture congestion he’s going to give game time to squad players, how is that disdain? What about united’s disdain for the premier league, they don’t seem to be taking it very seriously?
And only 5 first team players out for the game too. Maybe he should force KDB and Stonesy to play to show he takes it seriously. Bunch of agenda driven click bait knobheads.

Even though previously his "press for change" was to filed really strong 11's in all competitions presumably to show other clubs it can be done?
I do believe that generally on here that has been seen as a positive stance and one that should be applauded but instead the media has been viewed as seeing this as us having an unfair advantage?
So basically whatever Pep is currently saying is the correct approach even if has essentially turned 360 on his previous position?
We’ve more to defend than ever before after winning the treble - plus we have the world club cup but we won’t be helped by PL or FA - but you can be sure the rags & dippers would have been given all the help they wanted.

Remember when the rags were allowed to drop out of FA cup - which was never allowed before - but they were an “important” club “representing” our country of course :)

In my opinion Pep has brought this headline on himself with the below quote, If he had simply omitted the highlighted part I doubt the headline would have appeared or if it did I would agree with you. However having included it the statement does show a certain amount of disdain regardless of our/his history in the competition.
View attachment 94330
to be fair to pep whats the point in even putting our first teamers out unless their willing to move the next round for us because we will be in saudi for club world cup.

to be fair to pep whats the point in even putting our first teamers out unless their willing to move the next round for us because we will be in saudi for club world cup.
For accuracy it's not the next round (round four-w/c 30/11/23) that clashes with the club world cup but the round after (1/4 finals-w/c 18/12/23)
I personally feel we should send the academy to Saudi and prioritise this competition should we still be in it, but that's a separate debate.

We’ve more to defend than ever before after winning the treble - plus we have the world club cup but we won’t be helped by PL or FA - but you can be sure the rags & dippers would have been given all the help they wanted.

Remember when the rags were allowed to drop out of FA cup - whaich was never allowed before - but they were an “important” club “representing” our country of course :)
True on United but more recently Liverpool had to play in both the same competitions over the same time frame as us in 2019.

For accuracy it's not the next round (round four-w/c 30/11/23) that clashes with the club world cup but the round after (1/4 finals-w/c 18/12/23)
I personally feel we should send the academy to Saudi and prioritise this competition should we still be in it, but that's a separate debate.
Na, the possibility of 5 games against potentially tougher opposition as opposed to just 2 (I know we have to rearrange Brentford) lesser teams in the Club cup. It’s like a mid winter break in the sun where we can take our full first team squad, rejuvenate them and have a least congested late December and early January.

this isn’t about the WCC it’s about Wolves at the weekend. Pep can easily field a second 11 that can compete against Newcastle. Buts it’s highly unlikely that Walker Dias Foden Alvarez Haaland Grealish Doku and Nunez start the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.