Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other managers have gotten away with far worse behaviour on the touchline this season.

I think Pep is being made an example of.
Absolutely they have, and Pep (City) are being made an example of, but this shouldn't surprise anyone.

Like I said the club should be doing it, not Pep. I understand players (Rodri) getting angry on the pitch, they have careers to think of, and run the risk of injury, but Pep claims to "know" what's going on, but him getting bans isn't helpful to the team.

This is one thing that just about every football fan I know agrees with (regardless of which team they support).
What is the bloody point? especially the friendly matches and that Nations Cup thing.. Keep the internationals midweek, like they were for years.
Obviously, the Premier League (as does most leagues) has a lot more internationals from all different nationalities, but you can get around the world (or to Europe for the home nations) pretty quickly these days.
The bosses may start moaning about 'sufficient rest times 'so just play Saturday before and Sunday after the internationals.
There's another one of said annotingbreaks in a couple of weeks isn't there!!??
Two more this year, Oct & Nov.

Fucking sick of it.

Put Talkshite on this morning when getting up & could not stop laughing, The (Liverpool supporting) football intellectual who is Tony Cascarino "Finks" the Liverpool game should be replayed (I kid you not) & the replay should start from the point just after Liverpool have gone 1-0 up & the goal ruled out for offside should stand,
Funnily enough a bit later when talking about our game the Hwang red card challenge on Walker was not even mentioned & according to Tony "Everybody" was pleased Wolves got the win,
I know its shite radio but it really is quite comical to listen to.
(& no I have never rung in or purchased a gutter brush although I did drive a white van once :-)

Doesn't make it clever though, 3 yellows in 7 games, we all know they're shite, even they know they are shite, but they're also at it, perhaps the club should do more, and highlight it, and leave to get on with managing the team.
It’s 3 in 5 cos he was in Barcelona recovering from back surgery for the Sheffield Utd and Fulham games

I listened to the game on the City app for the first time, really enjoyed the commentary from Alistair Mann with Michael Brown. They were relatively impartial but Ali couldn't contain his. frustration at the imbecile pawson's performance!

Post match with Natalie Pike was ok, Lescott always a bit boring, curle not brill, Mick McCarthy an absolute bona fide legend! I think he rather enjoyed his equaliser against the rags, top fella! His career highlight was going against Ruud Gullit at the Euro's, got totally schooled.

Anyway was always certain we'd the the main game if we lost, sad gits. Luckily we don't do too badly these days ;-)))
Quite a few times in the past I've posted about how much I like the commentary on the City website.
Like you, I agree that it is very balanced . Obviously he (Ali Mann) wants City to win (as do co commentators Brown, The Goat and especially it seems Andy Morrison) but a lot more credit is given to the opposition when it is due than is often given to us by supposedly impartial main stream media.
outlets.
One minor thing that does confuse me slightly though, is when he talks in metres (this free kick is 25 metres from goal etc..) I know we've been 'metric' for years but football fans still think in yards don't we!!

Put Talkshite on this morning when getting up & could not stop laughing, The (Liverpool supporting) football intellectual who is Tony Cascarino "Finks" the Liverpool game should be replayed (I kid you not) & the replay should start from the point just after Liverpool have gone 1-0 up & the goal ruled out for offside should stand,
Funnily enough a bit later when talking about our game the Hwang red card challenge on Walker was not even mentioned & according to Tony "Everybody" was pleased Wolves got the win,
I know its shite radio but it really is quite comical to listen to.
(& no I have never rung in or purchased a gutter brush although I did drive a white van once :-)

I’ve no idea why people subject themselves to that station.

It’s like having Brexit surgically injected into your ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.