Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the TNT Sports Champions League highlights & was shocked the amount of praise James Horncastle heaped on us especially with our shrewd transfer signings highlighting Alvarez & Akanji. In contrast he also laid into how poor United were in overpaying for Hojlund when they could have acquired him for peanuts a yr ago during his Austrian stint. Also mentioned fans really shouldn't lay into the Glazers who have backed the team financially more than anyone else & Ten Haag should really be the target of their frustrations. Admittedly the rest of the panel remained silent on his rather refreshing comments.

You now can’t use the word victim when referencing Liverpool fans as it is a criminal offence. Context irrelevant intent irrelevant. Dystopian

Its quite funny that the least aware people about the connotations of the use of the severely offensive word, 'victim' when used by fans of other clubs happens to be the Liverpool lot. Even funnier is the irony that this tweet cements the chants.

For the last time, nobody is referencing Hillsborough. Simply stating they can't admit fault and they blame everybody else for the shit they bring on themselves. Thick fucking cunts.

You now can’t use the word victim when referencing Liverpool fans as it is a criminal offence. Context irrelevant intent irrelevant. Dystopian

The irony of Ian Byrne complaining about 'victim culture' while he himself is playing the victim.

Rather than scousers playing the victims about the phrase "victim", they should stop and understand the real reason why so many teams opposing fans (not just mancunians) call them victims.

It's not about Hillsborough as they stupidly think, it's about a narcissistic mindset which has led them to believe that they are in some way special, better and different to everyone else, failing to understand why anyone who thinks that of them could be right (almost the very definition of narcissistic).

They believe they are without blame for any of their actions, actions that on more than one occasion have either caused dire outcomes, or could have cause dire outcomes (attacking coaches, climbing scaffolding on mass, climbing into stadiums without tickets to name a few).

And yet any time someone pulls them up on it, or something they perceive as unjust happens to them, they want the world to stop, wrongs righted and apologies made.

If they spent more time trying to be better people and better behaved fans themselves they would be far happier.

The fact the media gives them a platform is farcical, and likely only happens because of the historic claims they have made against more than one media outlet.

They sing 'you'll never walk alone' but in terms of being a part of the wider football family , they always have and probably always will.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it was the early 90’s, didn’t we take the song off our Cheshire Neighbours who used to sing “Crewe Moon”?
A friend of mine was an Alex season ticket holder in the 80s & 90s… he said he doesn’t ever remember them singing Blue/Crewe Moon. Said he thought it was a myth started by a fanzine?
I first heard it at Anfield 1989 (1st game of season)

Only a complete idiot would make such a comment about Eccles Blue who is probably the nicest poster on this forum . Cough back to the caff
More proof he hasn’t read much in Blue Moon. Just joined & is attacking blue fans - slipped up really hasn’t he

Tbf, PSG are pretty wank these days, 5th in Ligue 1, still a good result for Newcastle. From what I’ve seen so far in Europe the Italian and German teams are not winning the CL, think it’s between the English and Spain teams, when I say English I mean City.
It's great result for Newcastle. 4-1 at home against a team that almost always makes the knock-out phase is brilliant however poor PSG are this season.

Excellent Coverage - Erling Haaland - The Telegraph - Friday 06/10/23 - Happiness

"Sometimes just typing out the statistics brings it home. Erling Haaland has scored 199 goals in 203 games for Red Bull Salzburg, Borussia Dortmund, Manchester City and Norway. Those are unprecedented numbers. It means, he says, there is now almost a seismic shock when his name is not on the scoresheet."

For those who can access it, there is an excellent piece in today`s Telegraph.

https://archive.ph/eUlHg (link from Mr Banks )

www.telegraph.co.uk

“It’s more shocking to people when I don’t score" Erling Haaland exclusive interview

In a rare interview, the Norwegian discusses chasing down Alan Shearer’s Premier League record, his relationship with Pep Guardiola - and becoming ‘a zombie’ during games

This is significant, positive coverage accompanied by the best, high quality on-line photographs and graphics that I have ever seen in this media outlet.

"As much as Haaland wants to score it is interesting to hear him talk about the happiness of assisting his team-mates –

“I love it also because I see the joy in their eyes and it’s beautiful” – which is actually quite rare for a top striker and especially one as ruthless as he is in front of goal. It says much about the generous type of character he is, also.

“But, no?” he says, surprised when I suggest this. “It’s about winning. “How did we win the Champions League? Because we won all the games. We won the Premier League because we won more games. Of course, we had to score goals to win but in the end it’s winning that matters, to win trophies. That’s what gives me the most joy.”

The joy in their eyes and it`s beautiful - lets remember this.

Last edited:
Excellent Coverage Today - Erling Haaland - The Telegraph - 06/10/23 - Happiness

"Sometimes just typing out the statistics brings it home. Erling Haaland has scored 199 goals in 203 games for Red Bull Salzburg, Borussia Dortmund, Manchester City and Norway. Those are unprecedented numbers. It means, he says, there is now almost a seismic shock when his name is not on the scoresheet."

For those who can access it, there is an excellent piece in today`s Telegraph.

www.telegraph.co.uk

“It’s more shocking to people when I don’t score" Erling Haaland exclusive interview

In a rare interview, the Norwegian discusses chasing down Alan Shearer’s Premier League record, his relationship with Pep Guardiola - and becoming ‘a zombie’ during games
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.telegraph.co.uk

This is significant, positive coverage accompanied by the best, high quality on-line photographs and graphics that I have ever seen in this media outlet.

"As much as Haaland wants to score it is interesting to hear him talk about the happiness of assisting his team-mates –

“I love it also because I see the joy in their eyes and it’s beautiful” – which is actually quite rare for a top striker and especially one as ruthless as he is in front of goal. It says much about the generous type of character he is, also.

“But, no?” he says, surprised when I suggest this. “It’s about winning. “How did we win the Champions League? Because we won all the games. We won the Premier League because we won more games. Of course, we had to score goals to win but in the end it’s winning that matters, to win trophies. That’s what gives me the most joy.”

The joy in their eyes and it`s beautiful - lets remember this.
For those who can't get the full story

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.