Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent Coverage Today - Erling Haaland - The Telegraph - 06/10/23 - Happiness

"Sometimes just typing out the statistics brings it home. Erling Haaland has scored 199 goals in 203 games for Red Bull Salzburg, Borussia Dortmund, Manchester City and Norway. Those are unprecedented numbers. It means, he says, there is now almost a seismic shock when his name is not on the scoresheet."

For those who can access it, there is an excellent piece in today`s Telegraph.

www.telegraph.co.uk

“It’s more shocking to people when I don’t score" Erling Haaland exclusive interview

In a rare interview, the Norwegian discusses chasing down Alan Shearer’s Premier League record, his relationship with Pep Guardiola - and becoming ‘a zombie’ during games
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.telegraph.co.uk

This is significant, positive coverage accompanied by the best, high quality on-line photographs and graphics that I have ever seen in this media outlet.

"As much as Haaland wants to score it is interesting to hear him talk about the happiness of assisting his team-mates –

“I love it also because I see the joy in their eyes and it’s beautiful” – which is actually quite rare for a top striker and especially one as ruthless as he is in front of goal. It says much about the generous type of character he is, also.

“But, no?” he says, surprised when I suggest this. “It’s about winning. “How did we win the Champions League? Because we won all the games. We won the Premier League because we won more games. Of course, we had to score goals to win but in the end it’s winning that matters, to win trophies. That’s what gives me the most joy.”

The joy in their eyes and it`s beautiful - lets remember this.

6ft 4 " is he shrinking in the rain?

Spitty on sly willing Arse to beat us because nobody wants City to run away with it (you know that club who is 1pt clear & 3pts clear of 6th) I’d have more respect if he said “I hope Arsenal do us a favour” and Liverpool win the league
If he was being honest with himself, all he really wants this season is Everton to stay up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.