Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

We were due one from Paddy Power to be fair.

@twosips - I hope you got paid for your cameo.

:)

Some pretty disingenuous takes there. Pep's reaction was nothing like what they tried to make out. The 12 shots to 4, makes it look like Arsenal created 12 clear chances. They didn't, most of their shots were from outside the box, all but 2 were blocked or went over. The 2 shots that were on target, including the goal, weren't clear chances either. One was from a tight angle and went straight at Eddie. The other was going to be comfortable save but didn't get past the defenders infront of him, deflecting off Ake's head. That's why City's xg was higher than Arsenal's, despite only one shot on target out of 4. The best chance of the whole game fell to Ake, who didn't get that on target either.

... But I guess pointing all of that out to anyone who isn't a City fan, would be taking it too serious. They rarely are that accurate, it's just a bonus when the takes are factual. They are mainly made for rivals to laugh at your club's expense. To be fair, they've all been waiting a while for the chance to do that. So for my part, I'm not fussed if they are going over the top about it. That shows how far City have come, that they have to reach so much with it, if anything. Flipping the perspective and turning it into a complement, would probably frustrate the shit out of them too. :)

Last edited:
So convenient!! It will be offside "NOW". Bullshit!

It was offside "THEN" also. Rashford literally ran with the ball keeping it from the City defenders while being offside. I am still pissed that Akanji didn't clatter the c**t to the floor that day.

The goal was only given because the match was played at the "Theatre of Nightmares" against City. No other explanation needed.
I've been thinking about this. Given Ratface told Rashford to leave it, wouldn't that instruction in itself make Rashford active, and therefore offside would be the result?

Some pretty disingenuous takes there. Pep's reaction was nothing like what they tried to make out. The 12 shots to 4, makes it look like Arsenal created 12 clear chances. They didn't, most of their shots were from outside the box, all but 2 were blocked or went over. The 2 shots that were on target, including the goal, weren't clear chances either. One was from a tight angle and went straight at Eddie. The other was going to be comfortable save but didn't get past the defenders infront of him, deflecting off Ake's head. That's why City's xg was higher than Arsenal's, despite only one shot on target out of 4. The best chance of the whole game fell to Ake, who didn't get that on target either.

... But I guess pointing all of that out to anyone who isn't a City fan, would be taking it too serious. They rarely are that accurate, it's just a bonus when the takes are factual. They are mainly made for rivals to laugh at your club's expense. To be fair, they've all been waiting a while for the chance to do that. So for my part, I'm not fussed if they are going over the top about it. That shows how far City have come, that they have to reach so much with it, if anything. Flipping the perspective and turning it into a complement, would probably frustrate the shit out of them too. :)
They're just having a laugh mate ,they do it very often ,just happens to be our turn. Evey team and a few individuals have had it. I can take it now and again. If you want a good laugh find the one Rhodri Giggs did about his shithouse brother.

it's a paddy power advert having a jape mate!

Tbf they are equal opportunities pisstakers, they probably over the years have more of a go at united and the cult than City. They’re a fairly clever outfit and were way ahead of most of their rivals in that industry
Agree.

It's a laugh. PP marketing are fair with every one they do. It shows how good we are they have rare opportunities to give us the same treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.