Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they mean institution in the same context as asylum.
As that famous Blue* Groucho Marx once put it, 'Manchester United is a wonderful institution; but who wants to live in an institution?'

(* I may have made this up.. although Groucho, as Professor Quincy Adams Wagstaff in 'Horse Feathers', did once ask 'Where would we be without football?')

I think the Rag's reset the clock at the start of the PL era, of which they were a major benefactor of the new competition format and financial structure.

Exactly this. If I remember rightly they won the first premier league title in 1992 and started on their period of sustained success from there. They were in the right place at the right time when we got wall to wall football coverage for the first time, coupled with global exposure due to sky. This coincided with our worst period in our history when we dropped into the third tier of English football. Before all the sky razzamataz they were just one of a number of top clubs, nothing special.

Exactly this. If I remember rightly they won the first premier league title in 1992 and started on their period of sustained success from there. They were in the right place at the right time when we got wall to wall football coverage for the first time, coupled with global exposure due to sky. This coincided with our worst period in our history when we dropped into the third tier of English football. Before all the sky razzamataz they were just one of a number of top clubs, nothing special.
Alan Sunderland likes this post

The starry eyed, man/child, fanzine article writer that is James Ducker in the Telegraph has just published an article about them and wrote this:
‘Manchester United is a much loved British sporting institution’.

I nearly spat my fruit & fibre all over the kitchen!
The twats from Sheffield, a City without any football clubs!Another unprofessional shill fawning over that despicable sporting constipation.

Reactions: PPT
The starry eyed, man/child, fanzine article writer that is James Ducker in the Telegraph has just published an article about them and wrote this:
‘Manchester United is a much loved British sporting institution’.

I nearly spat my fruit & fibre all over the kitchen!

It isn't though is it? It's just another football club that means fuck all to anybody who doesn't support it. Okay it does mean something. The likes of Ducker ( The D really needs changing to an F ) constantly writing shite like this means almost every other fan hates the fuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.