Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
where is the media uproar for the Rice deal?

it was incredible amount of shit spouted when we signed Grealish who I thought as well was very much overpriced but how the media portrayed it just added to the factor he was booed a lot in his first season almost in all away grounds.

now Rice overtaking that financial record, its more like being reported that this is the cost to sign a great player and what a great job by Arteta and Edu to pull it off.

I do hope they end up in group of death in CL, just to give them a pretty complicated start compared to last season where they were able to rotate the shit out of meaningless EL group games.

fantastic-ryan-gosling.gif
And the great thing p taker it's facts not tribalism, not twitter bullshit, it's from a guy who actually knows what he is talking about.

Englands U-21's beat Israel 3-0 last night with Cole Plamer man of the match scoring one and assisting the other two so England reach the final of the U-21's Euro Final.

So the BBC match report naturally focuses on Morgan Gibbs-White who scored one and missed a penalty. Cole gets a 2 line paragraph

Er okay

where is the media uproar for the Rice deal?

it was incredible amount of shit spouted when we signed Grealish who I thought as well was very much overpriced but how the media portrayed it just added to the factor he was booed a lot in his first season almost in all away grounds.

now Rice overtaking that financial record, its more like being reported that this is the cost to sign a great player and what a great job by Arteta and Edu to pull it off.

I do hope they end up in group of death in CL, just to give them a pretty complicated start compared to last season where they were able to rotate the shit out of meaningless EL group games.
What did you expect mate.
Standard.

ESPN have released a top 100 players/managers

Two things of particular note.

1. Bellingham is ranked above Rodri as best centre mid.

2. John Stones isn't in it. Lisandro Martinez is.

You haven't seen anything yet, even after years of reading this thread. Somebody has gone to a lot of trouble to produce this

LACK OF CIVIC LEADERSHIP HAS ENABLED MANCHESTER AND NEWCASTLE SPORTSWASHING PROJECTS​

A new report published today finds that political leaders in Manchester and Newcastle have not only declined multiple opportunities to use their positions of influence to express criticism of serious and systematic human rights abuses in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, but have effectively assisted these two deeply abusive and profoundly anti-democratic states’ efforts to set up ‘soft power enclaves’ in cities with proud histories of protest and dissent.

Screenshot_20230706-091955~2.png

Click on the PDF link via the below link to read the report.

What i find particularly distasteful of any of the articles re: sportswashing and human rights, is the myth that all arabic countries are barbaric dictatorships while england, america, spain etc are so much better and should be shown up as the standard bearers for the world, there is absolutely plenty in all those countries that is shocking abuses of peoples human rights but we dont want to have that conversation because that doesnt fir the narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.