Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media are only interested in attention-seeking, this time last season we were below where we are with the World Cup looming. we have key players injured at a crucial moment in the season, but if we are struggling but still top, I wonder what these journas are smoking. The games at Spurs and Villa might be tough unless we can get Ake and Kovacic fit, but we need to focus on the Liverpool game and hope no more injuries during the international break

Considering he has only started 2 PL games (and subbed off in both) I can't see what's annoying about it. Admittedly he has started 3 out of the 4 CL games.

Palmer has 6 starts although it is the last 6 PL games for them.
Lewis played in more games across competitions. I can’t help you if you missed my point.

Lewis played in more games across competitions. I can’t help you if you missed my point.
Actually he hasn't so you're wrong there anyway and you didn't have "a point"" besides being needlessly annoyed at facts. I really can't help you if you can't see that.

Actually he hasn't so you're wrong there anyway and you didn't have "a point"" besides being needlessly annoyed at facts. I really can't help you if you can't see that.
It probably didn’t need bringing up tbh, he’s been getting rave reviews long before Palmer became flavour of the week but it’s not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

This really annoyed me today and I hope Rico shining talent well overcome this kind of media treatment.

It’s clear that the Cole Palmer leaving is only blown out proportion because the media have nothing else to bash us for. For not keeping a young talent hostage and letting him go is wrong now and mistake on club? It’s getting out of hand even with BBC posting tweets. It’s getting out hand tbh maybe it slow new week…

If that’s a direct quote from Andros Townsend there’s not a chance that he came up with the phrase “implement a buy back clause” by himself.

Some BBC fanny will have written it down for him and told him to shoehorn it into the conversation

I wish Palmer all the luck in the world, genuinely.

If we can have another Manchester kid playing regularly for England, then I'm all for it.

However, whilst he is getting regular footie, I am still not truly seeing a gem at the mo.

The media hype doesn't help either
The rot will set when he starts to believe it ,hope he keeps himself grounded and ignores it all

Reactions: PPT
The rot will set when he starts to believe it ,hope he keeps himself grounded and ignores it all

Do you not remember "prem soon come" I don't think grounded is in his vocabulary, he is an average player and a few penalties doesn't change that, our defence was their best attacking threat on Sunday.

The Press

Last season ‘City are a disgrace, stockpiling players like Palmer and never playing them, they need to do the right thing and sell him’

This season ‘City are a disgrace, arrogantly discarding a top young talent to a PL rival, so happy it’s bitten them on the arse

This really annoyed me today and I hope Rico shining talent well overcome this kind of media treatment.

It’s clear that the Cole Palmer leaving is only blown out proportion because the media have nothing else to bash us for. For not keeping a young talent hostage and letting him go is wrong now and mistake on club? It’s getting out of hand even with BBC posting tweets. It’s getting out hand tbh maybe it slow new week…

There was no need for the snide comment, they are just wankers to a man.

Sancho left us when he was 17 and he hadn't made a single senior appearance but your pissed that no one was praising him-are you kidding?

Correct me if I'm wrong but it wasn't until his second season at Dortmund anyone noticed him?

As for his Rags career....?

Where did I say I'm pissed numknuts? I'm making a point that any promising youngster that leaves us and shows a modicum of form elsewhere is lauded as the second coming of George Best/Maradona combined. While they're still here nobody cares.

As for Sancho he was lauded as the next nailed on superstar when he was still with us. Everybody wanted him, he signed for us then went all Billy big bollocks, an attitude he has continued to show since he left us. His every move, goal and assist at Dortmund was highlighted and elevated him to superstar standard. The waistcoat being a yes man then fast tracked him into the England team. Not long afterwards and after his transfer to the rags his star faded and died to the point he can't warm the rags bench these days.

Same with Palmer. He was more advanced than Sancho here, he was around the first team squad and had one or two decent cameo appearances. You could see the lad had talent but like all young players it's hit and miss they make it to the next level. Then Sancho like he's demanding more playing time etcetera. That isn't going to happen here no matter who you are. He starts sulking so goes to Chelsea. Now, again like Sancho, after one or two half decent performances and scoring a few penalties, he's fast tracked to the England team and we've made another big mistake according to the anti City media. Time will tell but it's not a mistake if he does become a superstar, we don't keep sulking players.

Is that all clearer for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.