Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a 15 year orchastraed campaign by the red shirt clubs, the tabloids, and the social media click-bait red shirt shills.

But how long can they keep it up and running, Manchester City are starting to grow a big worldwide fan base overseas and They only care about present teams and winners, Forget united or Liverpool's so-called loyal fans worldwide because it does not work like that, Pretty much like the NFL over here we sort of tag on to the SuperBowl winner that year we found NFL, My NFL team was the Chicago Bears and William Perry the refrigerator because of the UK showing the games on channel 4

I've posted a couple of times over the years regarding e-mail correspondence I had with a well established and (yes) respected football journalist in 2008 ahead of the 50th anniversary of the Munich disaster.

Said journalist had written an article which had suggested City fans would not behave at the Old Trafford derby coinciding with the anniversary that week.

Politely, I took him to task and pointed out the errors in his article, plus gave him the history of the responses to the Munich air disaster I had experienced and witnessed since that dreadful day in 1958. Responses which included United's actions (or more rather 'inactions'); the local community's honouring of those who died; the outcomes for players who survived; and so on and so on.

I wondered in our e-mails why the press et al never challenged the latter day marketing line adopted by United which, to my mind, exploited the disaster, following decades of silent pushing it away into the long grass by United's owners and board of management.

The journalist's response was succinct (and I quote) - 'If you think any journalist is going to ruin their career by going up against Manchester United and Alex Ferguson you've got another think coming'

And still it continues. There are stories out there about many clubs, especially the Red Mafia, which could be investigated and told, if only football journalists had the cojones to do their job properly. And the collective and individual corruption and criminality is only the start of it..

Instead, our supine football media regurgitates mundane hagiographies and puff-pieces on behalf of their (Red) masters, all in the name of click-bait revenues.

F**k 'em.. they're all useless anyway.
It seems our owner is going into the printed/on line media business with his purchase of the torygraph and Spectator.
Coincidence? Is it fuck. You will begin to see some real news about teams in red in the not too distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.