Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the deal also included that the council took a percentage of the takings above the final Maine rd capacity which I think was just over 35,000.
The original deal did but it was renegotiated to a flat rate. - sorry just seen someone else responded on this.

Last edited:
So Neville thinks Klopp is better than Pep because Klopp works on a smaller budget.
Van Dyke is resurgent so Liverpool are back to their best.
We are filthy cheats doomed to be stripped of everything.

Some lovely stuff in the news this week
So Klopp is better than Pep because he achieved a lot less while spending less money.

Which by definition makes every lower league manager better than Klopp.

I think people need to remember the sports media is vastly over served with two bit writers posing as journalists, which means they have lots of column inches to fill, and more importantly nowadays the ability to get people to click through on a story, the vast majority is just made up, everyone seems to know this but they still read it

I think people need to remember the sports media is vastly over served with two bit writers posing as journalists, which means they have lots of column inches to fill, and more importantly nowadays the ability to get people to click through on a story, the vast majority is just made up, everyone seems to know this but they still read it

Not exclusive to sports media either. Journalism has never been in a worse condition. Hard to find any article written anywhere about anything that isn't biased or part of an agenda.

Not exclusive to sports media either. Journalism has never been in a worse condition. Hard to find any article written anywhere about anything that isn't biased or part of an agenda.
the problem really boils down to, to many outlets and not enough news so in order to stand out some sort of slant has to be put on it

Even the 'reports' they conjure up are agenda driven rather than fact based.

So much chaff these days you will never find the wheat. I still can't fathom why anybody buys/subscribes to news outlets. They are more concerned with staying afloat than reporting news. Hence the shit state that the media is in these days chasing for clicks.

Meanwhile our old friend Nick has also been reading and sharing screenshots on Twitter again.
Part of his and the WhatApp group’s classic tactic of relentlessly baiting and gaslighting the fanbase, then clutching their pearls and playing the ‘touchy City fans’ card if anyone dares question their incessant slander

I think the best response to ask him what he'd do for work if it wasn't for City.

Correct, there's no such thing as independent investigative journalism anymore - It's basically "Here's £100,000, now print this"

I think the scariest thing about the media reporting on Manchester City is the fact they don't like to report or write about what is happening in front of their eyes on the pitch, I call it (OTR) Ordered Target Reporting. The scum football fans that believe Liverpool or United do no wrong because it is never reported and hidden.

They Say Football is a result business, Well in Manchester City's case, The results and trophies never get the media hype they should demand or merit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.