Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t even think he understands it reading that analysis.

City are accused of hiding owner investment not hiding sponsorship.

FFP and sports journalists has always been a difficult mix and needs reporting more by financial journalists.

The fact it also needs to be dumbed down to the reader.

Pep is making an important point and one that gets missed a lot that even if we are guilty, we probably don’t breach the PL FFP, it would have been UEFA’s.

The bit most understand is Everton lost 125m and could only lost 105m. Going to be some confused faces when it comes out what we are accused of means we lost 90m and could have lost 105m.
It's kind of hiding sponsorship deals in as much as the accusation is that Mansour provided the money not the sponsor.

Analysis​

Simon Stone, BBC Sport

I could not be sure how Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola would react when I asked him about the club's Premier League charges.

Sometimes, he just closes down, while on other occasions he is quite expansive.

Guardiola has said in the past if City are found guilty he would leave but that was not the message today. Today he was vowing to stand by the club no matter what.

However, he stressed an important point. Everton were charged with breaching FFP. City have been charged with hiding sponsorship deals, paying Roberto Mancini via a third party and not co-operating.

Evidently, the cases are completely different and it may be some time before City's is concluded.
TBH I will take that, at least he has highlighted the often missed fact that we're not charged with FFP breaches and that ours and Everton's case are very different.

Oh that lovable and plucky underdog Klopp, who has only spent £700mill on players.

B24ED47A-C44D-4597-B76C-5CB280B07024.jpeg

Analysis​

Simon Stone, BBC Sport

I could not be sure how Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola would react when I asked him about the club's Premier League charges.

Sometimes, he just closes down, while on other occasions he is quite expansive.

Guardiola has said in the past if City are found guilty he would leave but that was not the message today. Today he was vowing to stand by the club no matter what.

However, he stressed an important point. Everton were charged with breaching FFP. City have been charged with hiding sponsorship deals, paying Roberto Mancini via a third party and not co-operating.

Evidently, the cases are completely different and it may be some time before City's is concluded.
I don't recall Pep saying "he would leave, if City are found guilty"?

Lad has come round to watch with me and he has put the tv on now, something I dont do until ok.

It's like sky are LFC tv its fucking embarrassing. I'll stick to turning on at ko when on my own !
I'm going to watch on an Arabic feed. I can't tell if they are slagging us off.

Michael Mr Personality Owen on Bein.

*Rolls Eyes*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.