Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analysis​

Simon Stone, BBC Sport

I could not be sure how Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola would react when I asked him about the club's Premier League charges.

Sometimes, he just closes down, while on other occasions he is quite expansive.

Guardiola has said in the past if City are found guilty he would leave but that was not the message today. Today he was vowing to stand by the club no matter what.

However, he stressed an important point. Everton were charged with breaching FFP. City have been charged with hiding sponsorship deals, paying Roberto Mancini via a third party and not co-operating.

Evidently, the cases are completely different and it may be some time before City's is concluded.
i am surprised we even allow him in given his Rag bias let alone ask questions but its one rare failing of our club that we have a weak and poor media/pr team that still allows BBC/Mail etc into the ground and the other huge thing they got wrong was re Dippers, should have called them out publicly re the hacking, the crowd trouble and not cosy up to them

Analysis​

Simon Stone, BBC Sport

I could not be sure how Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola would react when I asked him about the club's Premier League charges.

Sometimes, he just closes down, while on other occasions he is quite expansive.

Guardiola has said in the past if City are found guilty he would leave but that was not the message today. Today he was vowing to stand by the club no matter what.

However, he stressed an important point. Everton were charged with breaching FFP. City have been charged with hiding sponsorship deals, paying Roberto Mancini via a third party and not co-operating.

Evidently, the cases are completely different and it may be some time before City's is concluded.
One of life’s small, and admittedly petty, pleasures is seeing that ‘you’re a ****’ look on Pep’s face whenever Slimy Stone starts to ask a question.

A lot of the media seem genuinly puzzled by why todays game v the dippers is kicking off at 12.30 they seem to have no idea about the trouble dippers fans have be causing in recent fixtures & police advice, even my brother who is a blue but doesnt come on here was supprised when I told him about the dippers throwing coins & the pint pot full of coins onto the head of that young girl, so its obviously its not been widely reported,
Yet we have a couple of young dickheads sing a stupid song about Bobby Charlton & its headline news for days on end?
Its more about our fans using the V word that nobody is allowed to say.

i am surprised we even allow him in given his Rag bias let alone ask questions but its one rare failing of our club that we have a weak and poor media/pr team that still allows BBC/Mail etc into the ground and the other huge thing they got wrong was re Dippers, should have called them out publicly re the hacking, the crowd trouble and not cosy up to them
All that would be required is to employ a media lawyer to review and respond to all media posts with corrections and threats occasionally to wayward posters

I don’t even think he understands it reading that analysis.

City are accused of hiding owner investment not hiding sponsorship.

FFP and sports journalists has always been a difficult mix and needs reporting more by financial journalists.

The fact it also needs to be dumbed down to the reader.

Pep is making an important point and one that gets missed a lot that even if we are guilty, we probably don’t breach the PL FFP, it would have been UEFA’s.

The bit most understand is Everton lost 125m and could only lost 105m. Going to be some confused faces when it comes out what we are accused of means we lost 90m and could have lost 105m.

Fucking hell never have the words celebrity and mastermind been more abused - tonight’s show had Andy Fucking Goldstein on it. What is the English name that is Willhelm in German? His answer - Phillip!! Rag ****
I fucking love the fact that the questions on "Celebrity" mastermind are dumbed down to the level of shows like Tipping Point, and these know-nothing pricks who've been hoisted up to millionaire-positions in society still fucking struggle to answer many of them. Laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.