Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not an anti-City article as such.
More to do with the forthcoming new format at the end of the 24/25 season with 32 teams including 12 from Europe.
3 from Europe have already qualified - Chelsea, Real Madrid and City by virtue of winning the CL.
More money for FIFA and the clubs. More minutes for the players - finalists will play 7 games.
My bet is it will be big.
I for one won't be watching.

Think he means 2025. The club world cup is turning into a full on 32 team tournament like the world cup in June and July. We have already qualified along with Chelsea. It's being held in the USA
dc210c3909eaa84d79ec0d48aa0828cd.jpg
At least the CONMEBOL entries aren't only from one country.

It's not an anti-City article as such.
More to do with the forthcoming new format at the end of the 24/25 season with 32 teams including 12 from Europe.
3 from Europe have already qualified - Chelsea, Real Madrid and City by virtue of winning the CL.
More money for FIFA and the clubs. More minutes for the players - finalists will play 7 games.
My bet is it will be big.
I think this new format will be huge, not least because its impact will be huge in USA. It is the first proper World Cup for clubs and much more significant than about 90 per cent of international fixtures. FIFA wil turn it into its flagship and, with time, it will become as important as the CL. The winner will get around £100m in prize money which will match the CL. I think Pep is deternined to win it so that City will become the first official World Champions. Those who dismiss it are making a mistake in my view. It is much more attaractive than England playing meaningless matches against pub teams.

Regardless of who wins what, I can definitely see a scenario that includes a minimum of 2 of the above 3 red sides...........
Yup.. an extra couple of 'Golden Wonka Tickets'* will mysteriously materialise when the format is finalised..

(* I am aware that some of you out there will have fun making puns of 'Wonka'.. puerile, the lot of you.. just behave at the back of the class!!)

Something tells me when the time comes you will, it's MCFC playing and in a serious tournament, why would you not want to watch?
Who wouldn't want to watch City v Boca Juniors or Real Madrid in the World Cup Final in front of 90,000 fans? Football is global these days and that genie is not going back into the bottle. I think this new tournamant once every four years will generate huge interest and commercial revenues. Let's wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.