Media Discussion - 2023/24

Barm my friend, Barm.

To be honest pal, you shouldn’t be watching that shite anyway - you’ll be listening to Talksport next.

Self-inflicted
Or watching any soap or Loose women (the one in the middle of the day) or Countryfile on a Sunday evening ,or whenever it's on.
Going back to original post about Corrie and getting the 'cultural referances' wrong I noticed one fairly glaring City related one when I was reading Dennis Tueart's autobiography recently.
The 'King of all geordies' is one of my favourite ever City players and it's a good read imo. However, he does mention one game in the 70s where he came off the pitch with Blue Moon ringing in his ears from the Kippax. This may have been a bit of 'artistic licence' taken by the co-author(?) but I'm almost certain we didn't start singing this in the 70s. Like most City fans I watched a lot of 80s matches through a haze of booze (it helped for a lot of it, as it did for much of the following decade) and I'm sure this has been covered numerous times but I'm pretty sure I didn't hear that until the early 90s!
Quoting a term that comedian used to Jack Grealish when he was boarding the ' treble victory parade bus' back in June, I think Tueart was a bit discombobulated when he wrote that.
(Mind you, old Jackie Boy was certainly a bit more than discombobulated that day/week wasn't he!!!)

I read somewhere all soaps are losing lots of viewers. If you ever catch the odd episode of any you'll know why. As you said they're using them to push all the latest woke agendas.
I don't think it's a case of "pushing them" so much, more as trying to stay relevant and (dare I say it) trendy. It's just desperation to keep them rolling instead of just bowing out gracefully.

There'll be a lot of unemployed "actors" if they do stop them as nobody else is going to give them regular slots.

Who the f**k writes Coronation St , that t**t Sean walked into the cafe and asked for a bacon bap!!! Mancs say barm or muffin never bap. On several other occasions customers have asked for sarnies, f** king sarnies , northerners say butties. Who researchs this shit some p***k in the home counties no doubt ! F**k all to do with City but had to unload and my missus gets sick of listening ti me..
It's a COB - end of conversation lol

I don't think it's a case of "pushing them" so much, more as trying to stay relevant and (dare I say it) trendy. It's just desperation to keep them rolling instead of just bowing out gracefully.

There'll be a lot of unemployed "actors" if they do stop them as nobody else is going to give them regular slots.
As a former professional actor and an Extra on Emmerdale, after witnessing first hand the filming of a number of different scenes , I was surprised at the talents of the regular soap actors.

They have to film scenes out of chronological order ( makes learning lines very challenging) and don't have the luxury of multiple takes if they fluff their lines or screw up camera angles.

Because of the requirement for so many episodes per week the filming schedule is often long and demanding.

The regular actors make it look easy but it isn't and that's why so many can switch from one soap to the next as producers know they will be able to meet the production demands.

Don't blame the actors for poor scripts & production values.

The glut of "reality" shows how much TV audiences have dumbed down in recent years and soaps reflect their audience.

As viewing habits continue to change , I can't see several soaps surviving.

Anyway back to more important things like tonight's game; come on City !
CTID

Simon Jordan just had to start his show explaining why he used the word 'victim' in the same sentence about liverpool wanting explanations with the VAR stuff.
He said some MP wants him cancelled!

Simon Jordan just had to start his show explaining why he used the word 'victim' in the same sentence about liverpool wanting explanations with the VAR stuff.
He said some MP wants him cancelled!

You now can’t use the word victim when referencing Liverpool fans as it is a criminal offence. Context irrelevant intent irrelevant. Dystopian

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.