Media Discussion - 2023/24

I see Sky are now trying to call in to question whether our goal yesterday should have stood, in addition to the Doku non-penalty call.
i wonder if anyones mentioned the foul on phil in the run up to them getting a penalty... i was annoyed with michael oliver yesterday it appeared he let them constantly foul us without bookings but out players were booked after 1/2 fouls.

Yep. It was poor from both teams. Lots of misplaced passes and rugby scrumming in the ctr of the circle.

Media and red fans love the rushing around like lunatics that Liverpool do.

Harks back to the days when they were kids. No cohesion. Due to the reds rabid animal approach a quality game of football couldn't break out. But, maybe, that's klopps point. Stop us playing our game a reduce it down to their level.

How that man gets the reputation he has is extraordinary. Real base level football tactics.

Oh, and swerve the back pages today, peeps. They are all focusing on Dokus kick in the penalty area, rather than the "quality" game. No mention of Mcallister not offering any challenge and just standing there, though.

I can't wait for klopp to be gone. He a fucking throwback to the 70s.
Think Klopp is more like the GPC than any other manager :-

His teams are happy for the opposition to attack them, then hit them on the break - as did MUFC at their peak.

His manipulation of the media is very similar. He treats them like shite, but they lap it up and come back for more. Thankfully there were no 4th Officials when the GPC was managing, as he would have verbally abused them every game.

Klopp is a great winner, congratulating the "noble losers" when LFC win. The GPC would also praise the chosen sycophants (Fat Sam, Pulis, all his ex-players who became managers) when they rolled-over.

The major difference between the two is that Klopp and Pep do seem to respect each other.
The bitter and twisted Glaswegian only belatedly showed dignity to Wenger at the end of their careers...

Perhaps it's me being thick but I'm still processing the MOTD analysis of Van Dijk's 'world class' defending of a situation involving him dealing with Haaland's run and shot in the first half..

Perhaps other Blues might be able to help me understand why it was deserving of such praise?

Haaland picked up the ball and turned on the half-way line to run at goal. Van Dijk backpedalled all the way into his own penalty area, clearly keeping an eye on Haaland but not closing him down. Haaland then gets to the box and takes the shot open to him with his favoured left foot but aims it straight at Kelleher in goal, snatching the strike rather than getting away what you young Blues would call a 'thunderb*st*rd'.

Now, at what point was 'The World's Greatest Defender - Ever' in control of that situation? Or have I missed a masterclass of imperiousness, as outlined by the MOTD pundits?

Pundits.. One of the wooden planks stored in the eaves of my garage could do a more inciteful job than the majority of them.

Any thoughts/help would be most appreciated..!
Agree totally- and with your username you will know about shit defending!

The Anfield myth is getting extra legs today, it's a fortress, we always shit oursleves there. I hear there's nowhere like Anfield, the athmosphere destroys teams. The Ethiad is simply no comparison. Strange fact is that Liverpool have only won a single premier league game at our place in 16 years, being the Mangala inspired 4-1drubbing in Flopp's first visit. So that's just 1 Premier League victory for them at our home in 16 years! It's worth reminding a few of them of that fact...

Perhaps it's me being thick but I'm still processing the MOTD analysis of Van Dijk's 'world class' defending of a situation involving him dealing with Haaland's run and shot in the first half..

Perhaps other Blues might be able to help me understand why it was deserving of such praise?

Haaland picked up the ball and turned on the half-way line to run at goal. Van Dijk backpedalled all the way into his own penalty area, clearly keeping an eye on Haaland but not closing him down. Haaland then gets to the box and takes the shot open to him with his favoured left foot but aims it straight at Kelleher in goal, snatching the strike rather than getting away what you young Blues would call a 'thunderb*st*rd'.

Now, at what point was 'The World's Greatest Defender - Ever' in control of that situation? Or have I missed a masterclass of imperiousness, as outlined by the MOTD pundits?

Pundits.. One of the wooden planks stored in the eaves of my garage could do a more inciteful job than the majority of them.

Any thoughts/help would be most appreciated..!
Couldn't agree more. So because Haaland didn't connect right it made VD defending perfect.

Think Klopp is more like the GPC than any other manager :-

His teams are happy for the opposition to attack them, then hit them on the break - as did MUFC at their peak.

His manipulation of the media is very similar. He treats them like shite, but they lap it up and come back for more. Thankfully there were no 4th Officials when the GPC was managing, as he would have verbally abused them every game.

Klopp is a great winner, congratulating the "noble losers" when LFC win. The GPC would also praise the chosen sycophants (Fat Sam, Pulis, all his ex-players who became managers) when they rolled-over.

The major difference between the two is that Klopp and Pep do seem to respect each other.
The bitter and twisted Glaswegian only belatedly showed dignity to Wenger at the end of their careers...
The GPC also cosied up to Jose when he arrived at Chelsea, as he knew he wouldn’t take any shit and he was a winner.

The Anfield myth is getting extra legs today, it's a fortress, we always shit oursleves there. I hear there's nowhere like Anfield, the athmosphere destroys teams. The Ethiad is simply no comparison. Strange fact is that Liverpool have only won a single premier league game at our place in 16 years, being the Mangala inspired 4-1drubbing in Flopp's first visit. So that's just 1 Premier League victory for them at our home in 16 years! It's worth reminding a few of them of that fact...
A few on here as well

i wonder if anyones mentioned the foul on phil in the run up to them getting a penalty... i was annoyed with michael oliver yesterday it appeared he let them constantly foul us without bookings but out players were booked after 1/2 fouls.
Not really true, Walker and Silva got away with a couple of fouls before getting booked.

The media tidal wave of perceived injustice following any decision that doesn’t go Liverpools way is hugely impressive. But the disallowed goal at Spurs didn’t automatically mean a Win for them and a penalty is also not a 100% guaranteed goal. Remember Mahrez and his last minute penalty at Klanfield

Haven’t we only lost once in our last 5 or so visits ? Nobody in the press throwing that about, it’s why Pep has to come out and straighten em out every now & then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.