Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched this on YouTube, I'm sure 'off air" they are told the script so Sky are complicit.He should be assured we as City fans just as much as him want a resolution as we are drained with it but MNF is not the place to discuss it.Ther records are not comparable and if you take the Courinho money off the net spend there's little in it and no guarantee more expensive players would have performed as well for him.
Coutinho, now there's a transfer that needed to be investigated, the money trail would have been interesting to say the least. Add back the dodgy money they got for him and Klippertys spending is similar to Peps for a similar return (not!). One of the greatest managers ever my arse.

If anyone has ever wondered what exactly the "it's a post-truth world" quote means then just keep the above in mind.

Doubled relative poverty
near trippled child poverty
distroyed industry and with it communities
sold our assets and infrastructure
never made a significant dent in unemployment
struggled to control one recession and led us into another.

But hey on a plus she deregulated the markets so some people got rich and you could buy your council house,what a utopia the 80s was.
It’s the start of the Cheltenham Festival today - be happy!

Coutinho, now there's a transfer that needed to be investigated, the money trail would have been interesting to say the least. Add back the dodgy money they got for him and Klippertys spending is similar to Peps for a similar return (not!). One of the greatest managers ever my arse.

If anyone has ever wondered what exactly the "it's a post-truth world" quote means then just keep the above in mind.
If you were to expose football's dodgy deals you'd be astounded and the authorities wouldn't have the resource to go back 13 years for 92 clubs.

It takes a special type of c*nt to do this.
I wouldn't criticise Oli too much, I'm sure there must be a reason he asked the question in relation to Thatcher - I just can't think why! Maybe he is trying again to promote the idea, that this views are more credible than others 'cos he knows stuff, like politics!'

I listened to to a BBC World news podcast yesterday. I like Katya Adler (yes that too) and always put weight on her reporting on different world situations. Imagine my surprise when the subject for the last one was .... Manchester City business behemoth and the CFG. Whilst I waited for the expert witnesses to appear I sat back and dreamt of me and Katya cruising the Danube or dodging bullets in Lebanon (amongst other things) when blow me her experts on the subject were .... yes - I'm not lying .. - Simon Stone and Rory Smith!!!

Anyway, a one sided debate ensued (with no witnesses for the defence as the lovely Katya would employ in her work) and a hilarious game of city bingo which I won very early. The moral of this story, for Oli, is stay in your lane.

Side note: Obviously my relationship with the said Ms Adler has now irretrievably broken down and I will doubt anything I hear in the future. What can I say .... you lay down with dogs and you get fleas.

Doubled relative poverty
near trippled child poverty
distroyed industry and with it communities
sold our assets and infrastructure
never made a significant dent in unemployment
struggled to control one recession and led us into another.

But hey on a plus she deregulated the markets so some people got rich and you could buy your council house,what a utopia the 80s was.
Politics thread this way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This morning on R5L around 07:45 when advertising the fa cup fixtures on the BBC for Saturday, the bin dipper Edwards announced the fixtures between Wolves - Coventry, Chelsea - Leicester.
I'm sure there is another game on that day?
REIAFC

I wouldn't criticise Oli too much, I'm sure there must be a reason he asked the question in relation to Thatcher - I just can't think why! Maybe he is trying again to promote the idea, that this views are more credible than others 'cos he knows stuff, like politics!'

I listened to to a BBC World news podcast yesterday. I like Katya Adler (yes that too) and always put weight on her reporting on different world situations. Imagine my surprise when the subject for the last one was .... Manchester City business behemoth and the CFG. Whilst I waited for the expert witnesses to appear I sat back and dreamt of me and Katya cruising the Danube or dodging bullets in Lebanon (amongst other things) when blow me her experts on the subject were .... yes - I'm not lying .. - Simon Stone and Rory Smith!!!

Anyway, a one sided debate ensued (with no witnesses for the defence as the lovely Katya would employ in her work) and a hilarious game of city bingo which I won very early. The moral of this story, for Oli, is stay in your lane.

Side note: Obviously my relationship with the said Ms Adler has now irretrievably broken down and I will doubt anything I hear in the future. What can I say .... you lay down with dogs and you get fleas.
The BBC has consistently reported our financial cases with UEFA and the PL in a totally biased way on all their channels. No attempt at balance just regurgitated conspiracy theories with no evidence presented.Virtually no mention of us being cleared of the UEFA allegations by three independent judges. I realise City have been unable to speak out publically but it would be very easy for the BBC to talk to someone like Stefan or Kieran Maguire for an independent and balanced version of this story. Despite our Chief Exec publically stating we have "overwhelming proof of our innocence" there has been no serious attempt to present our side of the story. Yet the claims of provenly corrupt people at UEFA, La Liga boss Tebas, and a convicted blackmailer Rui Pinto, are reported as if they are facts. As taxpayers we deserve better from our national public broadcaster.

Last edited:
When I was young some of the older guys sang a song ( to the tune the rags sing keep the red flag flying ) it went " The working classss can kiss my arse I've got the foremans job at last ".I got to thinking about that song when I saw Wright's comments. Pep comes across as a principled person who even stated that if he felt the club had lied to him he would resign. So to attempt to denigrate Peps achievements over something that is out of his control when obviously selling out any principles you may have had to become another puppet in the media is downright shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.