Media discussion - 2024/25

I know. utd 5th ffs
Self deprecating from years ago, we had to have a sense of humour.

Bacon Face goes for a piss at Haydock Park Racecourse pre season. Peter Reid is having a slash, Ferguson says "how do you think your City team will do this season?" Reidy replies "think we'll avoid relegation, get to the 4th round of the FA Cup, maybe the second round of the League cup and hopefully score about 40 goals and concede less than 50 goals, what about your Rag team Bacon chops?"

"Think we'll obviously win the league, probably the FA and League cup, at least the final of the Champions League, I'll be Manager of the season and we'll get record points, goals scored and least goals conceded and one of my players will win the Balon Dor and PL player of the season".

Reidy is doing up his zipper and said "that's a bit optimistic isn't it?"

Old Bacon Face "well Peter, you started it".

Every year Shearer comes out with the same shit, and every year he's wrong.

Alan Shearer's Premier League table predictions
1 Arsenal
2. Man City
3. Liverpool
4. Newcastle
5. Man United
6. Tottenham
7. Aston Villa
8. West Ham
9. Chelsea
10. Fulham
11. Brighton
12. Bournemouth
13. Brentford
14, Crystal Palace
15. Wolves
16. Nottingham Forest
17. Everton
18. Ipswich
19. Southampton
20. Leicester
I can't stand Shearer, but to be fair, I just had a look at Shearer's last 4 pre-season predictions and he got 3 out of 4 right as follows: 20/21 City, 21/22 Chelsea, 22/23 City, 23/24 City.

It's balanced and fair in the build up to the league again. Why we won't win

ESPN:

Why Man City won't win the Premier League and Arsenal will

....and if we do win.

The sun:

TITLE WINNERS: Man City. 115 rules broken, a bottomless budget for players and lawyers and Liam Gallagher singing the theme tune. Easy.

BBC breakfast just giving everyone a reminder of the 115 charges. Interestingly they then moved onto VAR and explained that fans would see more explanation of decisions on big screens inside stadiums- no mention of the fact that two stadiums in the PL don’t have any big screens !

BBC breakfast just giving everyone a reminder of the 115 charges. Interestingly they then moved onto VAR and explained that fans would see more explanation of decisions on big screens inside stadiums- no mention of the fact that two stadiums in the PL don’t have any big screens !
To be fair, I think it's unfair to mandate newly promoted teams to have a big screen immediately available.

What do you mean they've attended each and every season of the Premier League this far!?!?!?!

Depending on where you read, Tent Peg is either going to dethrone us (nothing about overcoming The Arse too), or his squad isn't ready. So many articles over the last week trying to keep them relevant.

Daily Fail ran a decent piece, basically saying he's had a contract extension. £150m to spend, and refreshed backroom staff. Therefore, no excuses, he has to succeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.