Media discussion - 2024/25

I still have a solicitor's practising certificate and continue to give professional legal advice sometimes, but it's some years since that was the main thrust of how I earn a living. Teaching and training is one of my principal activities now, and, as well as topics of substantive law, I teach legal writing.

One of the first things I tell students is to check what they've written and make sure that it can be read in only one possible way, no matter how easy they may think it should be to discern their actual intention. I explain to them that the last thing one wants as a practitioner is for one's output to be litigated before a court or tribunal because it's ambiguous, with the only argument being that it should be obvious what was really meant.

It's utterly pathetic that the PL should found itself doing that very thing in a case such as the one at hand. The principle is so basic that I try to instill it into not only legal professionals but even university students who have yet to start in legal practice. For the PL to fall foul of that principle is nothing short of humiliating.

Cartel want rules to entrap competition but allow a loophole in case they ever need it. Quite common in US, it’s the reason wealthy strong politically backed get away with it.

So do teams have to abide by the pl rules in the championship as well as the championship rules in case they get promoted.
Do Premier League teams have to abide by both the pl rules and the championship rules in case they get relegation ?
Because Leicester changed their accounting end of year to June, for accounting purposes they were in the Championship in 2022-3 (when they were in the Premier League) and in the Premier League in 2023-24 (when they were in the Championship. So they have to submit the 2023-24 accounts to the Premier League by the end of December so they can be charged all over again, though the sale of Dewsbury Hall might just save them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.