Media discussion - 2024/25

The new FFP maximum allowable loss is €60m over 3 years, plus a squad cost ratio of no more than 80% of revenue (for the current assessment period). There's an additional €10m a year loss allowed if a club isn't subject to sanctions or a settlement agreement.

Given they were fined by UEFA, that might be a problem if or them but let's assume they'll be OK. So that's a maximum allowable loss of €90m over the preceding 3 year period. That equates to just over £75m, which is £30m less than the PL's maximum £105m, meaning they'll need to find £180m in allowable deductions to meet FFP.

Even if they can fiddle their way through PSR, I doubt UEFA will be equally accommodating over some of their dodgier claims.

Yep. We know the 40 million COVID allowance was disallowed last year and will be again, presumably. They will probably be OK on the transaction costs (the costs shouldn't be in there anyway). So they will be well over, I think. A major breach this time maybe? :)

This just proves (not that we don't already know) how thick Delaney is. He has absolutely zero understanding of the numbers or rules, but thinks united will be ok "... because of the huge amounts of money the club generates each year". Fuck me.

Reminds me of an old Colemanballs PR message in Private Eye: "We lose money on every product we sell, but we make up for it with our enormous volume".

Yep. We know the 40 million COVID allowance was disallowed last year and will be again, presumably. They will probably be OK on the transaction costs (the costs shouldn't be in there anyway). So they will be well over, I think. A major breach this time maybe? :)

Last time was a natural minor, this one will be a harmonic minor…..

As I said, I reckon their 'standard' add-backs will be around the same as ours, so in the region of £30m a year possibly (€35m equivalent).

That makes €325m losses, with €105m added back, leaving an adjusted loss over the 3 years of €220m over a maximum allowable loss of €90m (possibly even €60m if they're not allowed the additional €10m a year).

Tick fucking tock.

The most successful part of the rag shitshow is their PR department without any doubt. Built on solid bullshit and hype.

And paying the media whores ensures that their profile is always positive despite the rotten core of their actual affairs.

They sent their myth machine into overload around 2012 with the ‘City have no fans’ shite. Never heard that before following City since 1988, certainly didn’t hear it in the 90s when we were utter shite.

The other laughable one is then having youth team players in every squad for silly amounts of time. Weren’t they classing John O’Shea as one at one point?

So fans not turning up are all from one tier?

I’m no rag sympathiser but it’s not worth the argument, there’s 659 million of the fcukers.
Gmp published there own figures. They have to accurately collate how many attend for safety matters. In many instances they were 10k lower than the rag figures, sometimes 20-30k.

Last edited:
They sent their myth machine into overload around 2012 with the ‘City have no fans’ shite. Never heard that before following City since 1988, certainly didn’t hear it in the 90s when we were utter shite.

The other laughable one is then having youth team players in every squad for silly amounts of time. Weren’t they classing John O’Shea as one at one point?

Even better, different examples of "youth players" who they signed as teenagers. Rafael and Fabio helped keep that myth of a run together at times I believe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.