Media discussion - 2024/25

Absolutely spot on.Busy day yesterday so unaware of developments until early evening when Lbc announced that
Manchester City had won and had brief explanation. Switched over to that shitstain of a local station BBC radio Manchester for the top of the hours news headlines and first words out of some guy called Richard Stead who seemed more than happy to inform one man and his dog that Manchester City had lost (wtf). Would love to stop paying the licence but wife won't play ball and not worth the head pecking.

Listening to radio 5 this morning you’d think the PL have scored a resounding victory. Unlawful not mentioned. Unfair not mentioned. Unreasonable not mentioned. It’s just a little change in the wording that should put things right apparently.
They are literally reporting on a version of events that hasn’t happened.

I saw that,choked on my tea, unbelievable.

What sort of a statement is this if it's not bollocks :)

Simon Leaf, partner and head of sport at law firm Mishcon de Reya, told BBC Sport: "Whilst the decision will be embarrassing for the Premier League, because in a couple of narrow areas their rules have been found to be unlawful

Unlawful ;-O

I have not shared the view in recent years the 'media' hate us and out to get us ......but over the last months and after legal outcome yesterday and reading articles and watching BBC I really do feel the Guardian and BBC seem to have a very clear agenda against CITY....I dont know why this is? They ignore all the positives our owners have done and investment in the UK and Manchester, other countries would love this level of long term investment.....

What sort of a statement is this if it's not bollocks :)

Unlawful ;-O
I think iirc Mr Leaf was quoted a bit fuller originally as well - approx ‘I haven’t read the full outcome, but…’ leading up to what the bbc used as their ‘goto lawyer that backs our PL won agenda’ reporting. That removal is crucial, as it undermines the point of ‘lawyer says PL won’, because the quote is from before the lawyer read the full outcome. The summing up page with its liberal use of ‘unlawful’ would ,i hope, have produced a different quote from Mr Leaf.

Also of note: Mr Leaf is an Arsenal fan, with no legal connection to the case, so can say what they want about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.