Media discussion - 2024/25

What makes me smile, is that all these supposed "respected" reporters, are actively sat on Twitter arguing pedantic points about "who has won" and trying to put a negative City slant on their output.

Ridiculous playground stuff.

For one or more reporters, there are several hard-hitting stories sitting right there in the report on the amateurish and contemptuous attitude of the PL towards City and their sponsorship deals, the risk of Arsenal's "loans", the attempt to bring in rulings affecting Newcastle, 5 days after their takeover, (which in itself has likely other connotations); the allegations about Starmer being lobbied, etc, etc.

Absolutely ripe for someone to make a huge name for themselves.

Instead, they sit there churning out repetitive non/mis-information, solely to get people's backs up.

They may be sitting there having a little chuckle knowing full well that they are winding people up, but seriously, is this what fully grown men, purporting to be reporters/journos are nowadays?

Surely, there must come a point in time when you must look at what your role has become and think, "Thirty years as a reporter, working on serious stories and events, and this is what I have become?"

What makes me smile, is that all these supposed "respected" reporters, are actively sat on Twitter arguing pedantic points about "who has won" and trying to put a negative City slant on their output.

Ridiculous playground stuff.

For one or more reporters, there are several hard-hitting stories sitting right there in the report on the amateurish and contemptuous attitude of the PL towards City and their sponsorship deals, the risk of Arsenal's "loans", the attempt to bring in rulings affecting Newcastle, 5 days after their takeover, (which in itself has likely other connotations); the allegations about Starmer being lobbied, etc, etc.

Absolutely ripe for someone to make a huge name for themselves.

Instead, they sit there churning out repetitive non/mis-information, solely to get people's backs up.

They may be sitting there having a little chuckle knowing full well that they are winding people up, but seriously, is this what fully grown men, purporting to be reporters/journos are nowadays?

Surely, there must come a point in time when you must look at what your role has become and think, "Thirty years as a reporter, working on serious stories and events, and this is what I have become?"
Can I 'double like' this contribution and the illumination it offers to the (ungrateful) UK sports media, not that they'll ever take up any such investigations you suggest.

Nay, can I 'thrice like' it?!

The Torygraph reporting this morning that 'Rivals slam City over new revolt'(?) and we are accused of trying to run the PL. Well, the Dippers, Rags 'n the Arse have been running it since it's inception and look at the shite state it's in! They miss the whole point in trying to discredit the club. The point is that the rules governing APT which 'our rivals' have put in place are illegal, unfair and unreasonable! But that is exactly why they were put there so that certain clubs could maintain their status and prevent other clubs getting a foothold. The outpouring of fury under the guise of probity is laughable!

If this was the Wild West someone could just put a bounty on Ian Herbert and the world would very soon be a better place

Sadly it isn’t but given that City would happily ban fans these days for the most minor of misdemeanours I really don’t understand why that **** isn’t made persona non grata at the Etihad for his relentless barrage of misinformation, lies and smears against our club

If this was the Wild West someone could just put a bounty on Ian Herbert and the world would very soon be a better place

Sadly it isn’t but given that City would happily ban fans these days for the most minor of misdemeanours I really don’t understand why that **** isn’t made persona non grata at the Etihad for his relentless barrage of misinformation, lies and smears against our club

If it goes to a fans vote, can I suggest a bullet to the head.

There would be less fuss made in the media .

Just laughing at the Mail.
Something like 5 or 6 headlines about Klopp’s new job.
Needs to be renamed from the Daily Fail to the Daily Flopp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.