Media discussion - 2024/25

They went hand in hand tbf.
I was at the game, and to be honest, we were a crap team. The fact that Luton were away obviously made the win a very big result for them, but it as hardly the greatest escape in history. If one of the bottom three beat us at the Etihad on the last day now to escape relegation, then that would be a great achievement. Pleat beating us on the final day to stay up must rank among his finest, but some dipper on the bolshie corporation claiming relegating us was better needs to give her vindictive poisoned head a wobble.

I was at the game, and to be honest, we were a crap team. The fact that Luton were away obviously made the win a very big result for them, but it as hardly the greatest escape in history. If one of the bottom three beat us at the Etihad on the last day now to escape relegation, then that would be a great achievement. Pleat beating us on the final day to stay up must rank among his finest, but some dipper on the bolshie corporation claiming relegating us was better needs to give her vindictive poisoned head a wobble.
I was also there and I disagree with you on a couple of points. Firstly scoring away in the last ten minutes to simultaneously save yourselves and relegate another team instead, the team you’ve scored against, is about as good as it gets as a football fan, especially given the relative size of the two clubs then and the journey they’d been on through the divisions.

Disagree that we were crap, relatively speaking. We’d challenged for the league the previous season and I feel that was the best City team to be relegated since we were promoted in 1966, the 1996 team running them close. We’d been mid table when John Bond resigned in January. No one was talking of relegation then. Our decline and demise was unexpected and sudden and it never ceases to amaze me that John Benson always seems to get missed off worst City managers lists, as he was a complete fucking disaster.

So it was a huge result for Luton.

Don’t care what some bitter on the radio thinks. Illey broke the cunts and that’s why they are still crying.

That relegation was the start of the rot that eventually led us to be taken over by our present owners - without that relegation we'd be Spurs.

Last edited:
Discussion on R5 earlier, Nicky Campbell show, about possibility of Pep taking England job.
In the 15mins I listened to they had four guests, two rags saying it would be great for Pep to leave City, one guy who said as long as the manager is English that's fine, and another who said it didn't matter who managed the players - Pep only had any success because he was given the correct tools wherever he's been. All overseen by Campbell (born 'Lackey'!) clearly entirely disinterested in the subject and chipping in with bitter 'witticisms' from a Scottish perspective. Fucking hell...
From my pov, I very much doubt he'd yet want a job with so little and occasional access to his squad of players, but that's not something a media outlet would bother to discuss.

I see the BBC are pretending its 2013 and including all things ferguson on the website - rather than running news that's happening about the PL ditching it's emergency meetings etc.

As it's clearly in the bbc's charter to keep this club in the limelight they've quickly pushed out "Who is united's best manager since ferguson" which is like asking, what's your favourite cancer to get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.