Media discussion - 2024/25

Thanks for the heads up . About the APT case . DOI . One presenter a Blue , one an Arsenal fan but both trying to be impartial . Blue won the argument that the PL scored a PR own goal by briefing so quickly last Monday about it being " business as usual with a few minor tweaks" and now looking stupid , as they are having to row back. Made me laugh when they suggested sports journalists wouldn't have a scoobie about the meaning of this case and several rushed to press, accepting the briefing from the PL as gospel while City , true to form , released a club statement then sat back ....Maybe they need to have a word down at BBC Sport ...
Yes also telling when the ex-editor is the Sun admitted sports journalists aren’t generally sympathetic to City.
I mean we all knew this, but interesting to hear him say it out loud on that platform.
And as you insinuate, I think Radio 4 and BBC Sport/5 live based in Salford, operate in different universes ;-)

Last edited:
As you are all going on about Luton relegating us.....
I believe, we relegated them some years previous at their ground on the last day of the season
I was stood in the City away end, we'd won and they were down. As soon as the whistle went thousands poured from the home end heading towards us.
Me, like most, just turned and fucked off before carnage happened. I'm no hero.

Please tell me I'm right. Matron will be around with my meds soon but I'm sure it happened.
74-75
I think they needed to beat us and hope that other results went their way. However somebody (Tottenham?) had a game in hand, which they won.

EDIT
I've just googled and the 1-1 with City actually took Luton out of the relegation places.
Tottenham had to win their game in hand v Leeds who were naturally preoccupied with their EC Final preparation
Same thing happened in 76-77 when Bristol City had a game in hand v Liverpool (who had already been crowned league champions and were about to face Borussia Monchengladbach in the EC Final.
I also seem to recall Coventry thrashing a pissed up Everton in similar circumstances in 84-85

Last edited:
Yes also telling when the ex-editor is the Sun admitted sports journalists aren’t generally sympathetic to City.
I mean we all knew this, but interesting to hear him say it out loud on that platform.
And as you insinuate, I think Radio 5 and BBC Sport/5 live based in Salford, operate in different universes ;-)
But isn't everyone on the media discussion forum a paranoid conspiracy theorist!!?

74-75
I think they needed to beat us and hope that other results went their way. However somebody (Tottenham?) had a game in hand, which they won.

EDIT
I've just googled and the 1-1 with City actually took Luton out of the relegation places.
Tottenham had to win their game in hand v Leeds who were naturally preoccupied with their EC Final preparation
Same thing happened in 76-77 when Bristol City had a game in hand v Liverpool (who had already been crowned league champions and were about to face Borussia Monchengladbach in the EC Final.
I also seem to recall Coventry thrashing a pissed up Everton in similar circumstances in 84-85
@Scaring Europe to Death Ah so not quite as I remember, mind you, I was only 16 yrs old.

Anyway, despite what you say, we relegated the fuckers. (Let me believe:-)

Last edited:
I was also there and I disagree with you on a couple of points. Firstly scoring away in the last ten minutes to simultaneously save yourselves and relegate another team instead, the team you’ve scored against, is about as good as it gets as a football fan, especially given the relative size of the two clubs then and the journey they’d been on through the divisions.

Disagree that we were crap, relatively speaking. We’d challenged for the league the previous season and I feel that was the best City team to be relegated since we were promoted in 1966, the 1996 team running them close. We’d been mid table when John Bond resigned in January. No one was talking of relegation then. Our decline and demise was unexpected and sudden and it never ceases to amaze me that John Benson always seems to get missed off worst City managers lists, as he was a complete fucking disaster.

So it was a huge result for Luton.

Don’t care what some bitter on the radio thinks. Illey broke the cunts and that’s why they are still crying.
I don't disagree about it being a huge result for them but winning at Stoke and still going down was more of a dissapointment for me and I just think considering sending another club down as your greatest achievement rather than saving the club you manage is strange. I don't watch the BBC, so didn't see the interview, but it seems she thought of it that way rather than Pleat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.