Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

tbh I think the media have eased up on him quite a bit.

Yes they have. However, for the simple reason they had no choice.
Raheem called them out for what they are - racists. That accusation can kill
a career overnight. Give them half a chance and they will revert back to type.

I've read those threads, it's really depressing, so many folk are stupid frightened sheep.

Same here there is no a single comment anywhere accepting either decision as correct, their fans boo Bernardo for getting injured and getting the Wolves player sent off, amazing that their manager said definite red, there was no protest by their players for pen but to a man "the Ref cheated them", lost any respect i had for them.

Yes they have. However, for the simple reason they had no choice.
Raheem called them out for what they are - racists. That accusation can kill
a career overnight. Give them half a chance and they will revert back to type.
Not even half a chance, they'll just wait until the accusation has faded from most memories and start again, I'll go for mid March.

I really shouldnt even bother replying, but the fact you mentioned VK and not Lovren indicates you swallow the media taglines without much thought
I'm surprised I've only had one reply, so thanks! I will also say VK should have got a red vs Leicester, so why does giving an honest opinion (which City have clearly benefitted from), be cause for people to think that I read the red tops? I will also stick my neck out and say that Salah is a diving cheat, how does that grab you?

Romelu Lukaku said:
There's one paper, that everyone reads, you all know who you are, you're racist.

Well, who do we reckon he's talking about? The Mail or the Sun?

Well, who do we reckon he's talking about? The Mail or the Sun?

I think some of the stuff regarding Raheem was certainly racist, didn't help that he left the beloved red scouse, which is a racist city in itself, but also has a massive Southern fan base with a large media presence.

This outburst by Lukaku screams race card though. United were gonna win the league when they signed him remember. I think 18 months of lacklustre performances, for a player that cost upwards of £70m, may have something to do with the media criticism. Just my two pence worth.

I think some of the stuff regarding Raheem was certainly racist, didn't help that he left the beloved red scouse, which is a racist city in itself, but also has a massive Southern fan base with a large media presence.

This outburst by Lukaku screams race card though. United were gonna win the league when they signed him remember. I think 18 months of lacklustre performances, for a player that cost upwards of £70m, may have something to do with the media criticism. Just my two pence worth.
Funny timing then, he's been anything but lacklustre recently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.