Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

There is a lot of racism in this country, something that I have been forced to acknowledge in the last couple of years, because so many of them have come out of the woodwork. Moreover, a lot of racism is unconscious.

So I would be amazed if part - note, part - of the issue that people have with Sterling was not racism. Though equally a lot of people hate the fact that he dared to leave Liverpool to come to us. A sort of football heresy.

This demonstrates the issue with our media.
Its known as casual racism and there are certain other prominent people who suffer the same thing, that is, a black person will recieve more negative press than a white person but many find that difficult to accept.
Put another way, if boris johnson was black would he be known as a loveable bumbling cad ir a dangerous right wing incompetent fool?
Of all the players to lift that league trophy i look forward to seeing raz do it nore than any other, also hope he keeps acting with class and dignity.
If BoJo was black he wouldn’t be foreign secretary!!

Go on Raheem, spend your coin how you want. Treat your family to houses, cars, holidays. It's your money so spend spend spend. Most of us can only dream of being in your talented shoes. Keep banging in them goals to shut the Neanderthals up, and in a few yrs you will look back at your trophy haul with the biggest grin and the backing of the most loyal fans. CTID.

Last edited:
Compare the negativity in media of Coutinho and Sterling. Both left Pool for better clubs. Not even talking about bitter Pool fans, simply about media.

We'll agree to disagree. I think it has a lot to do with colour as well as the red dipper press influence, i dont see the same happening to Milner, van dijk, van persie etc, all of whom pushed for a move more agressively than raheem.
They all moved to the media darlings, that’s for sure. And Milner isn’t that black.

So he eats breakfast despite daring not to have won.

He needs to really think about his attitude

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.