Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

8e901c72809806301a3d7e6d382bda35.jpg

Is he going for something like this?

I'd say I can't believe the Sun's angle on this, but it is all too believeable. Regardless of his motivation and thinking, just days prior to a world cup they can choose to do a story on Sterling visiting some disadvantaged kids with the national team, or on a tattoo he had done almost a year ago.

When Sterling had his done I imagine he'd have said to himself 'the media will pick up on this and roast me again', but it is just a tattoo, a symbol. Without asking, nobody knows what that symbol means to him and was supopsed to express, and it was unfair of the Sun to suggest one idea of what it represents. They were very much peddling the idea that Sterling's Gun tattoo = Sterling loves guns and killings, in reality the meaning is much more personal to Raheem as he has now had to come out to clarify. A tattoo doens't just have to be of something you like or support, it can be a reminder of the past, of an unconfortable truth, of what life his thrown at you, of what you hate even.

Agree that a tattoo of something else would have been better for his image, but I think it is clear that the Sun have again excelled themselves at nobheadedness here and are on a mission to derail England's world cup bid before it even kicks off, beacuse controversy sells better than happiness in these morbid times. I hope that this latest idiocy from them further highlights the unpatriotic nature of their coverage, leads to their demise as a paper, hopefully fuelled by Raheem asking his legal team to look at the cost to his image and potential earnings in the future.

Surely the Sun have to publish an apology for this, though even that won't change my view of them at all as journalists, a new source, or as people. They've already changed the article header online to a more positive one, calling him 'TOP GUN' instead ofsaying he has shot himself in the foot, so must be feeling the backlash.

Anyway, Raheem Sterling, he's top of the league ;)
I just think Sterling’s media treatment comes across as racism. I won’t read or click on the article but how many white players get this treatment?

Yeah all the kids are playing fortnite and killing games on their xbox all day everyday but sterling gets shit for a tattoo.

Is there anything people are not offended or outraged by these days. Its absolutely pathetic

Do we allow Sun reporters any access at all to City? If we do then that should stop without doubt. Ban them from matchdays, peps press conferences, anything that will impact their ability to report on us. We are one of the biggest draws at the moment in world football and should show we won't let our players be bullied and persecuted like Raheem is by the sun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.