Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

The kid gets booed at every ground he plays at and is victim of media harassment. Wouldn't blame him if he sacked off playing for England.

I dread to think what will happen if he missed a penalty in a shoot out. That pressure must weigh on him. Every player knows they will get stick for missing a penalty and that's why it's not an easy thing to do but for Raheem it would be through the roof.

Imagine him stepping up to take a key penalty and looking round the stadium. In the press box are reporters who have given him shit for spending too much/not enough, eating breakfast, having a dirty car etc. In the stands are fans who have booed him for 90 minutes for no real justifiable reason. On the halfway line are players who kept their silence whilst all this was going on. What is going through his head? We always hear how playing for England doesn't mean enough to modern players, how they lack pride in the badge etc. Why would he have pride for a nation which has collectively acted as bullies?

Perfect opportunity to run with Sterling's anti-gun message after his Instagram post but that doesn't drive clicks so let's continue to vilify him instead.

Bravo British media, you continue to excel yourselves.

I don't know but I'd hope the club would protect one of their own high profile players from blatant racism

It's not blatant though, it's subtle.

The articles or media attacks aren't racist themselves, they are however pandering to a largely racist readership.

This.
Anything overtly racist would rarely get past the Sun lawyers.
It's about time sterling got himself a lawyer and sued these tossers for everything they have. The latest thing by sky sports news is slanderous, how can a major news outlet take a quote from someone, add one word that they know will change the context of said quote and not face repercussions from it?

MCFC as an organisation must make a statement regarding this latest assassination from The Sun. I'm beyond words. They should banned from Etihad at the bare minimum.

99% of people are in total agreement that this has become nothing short of absurd and disgusting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.