Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is in any doubt that the BBC sport website which is supposed to be an unbiased and impartial organisation according to its founder has an anti city agenda and yes I do use that word. This is the order of importance to the BBC no doubt the authour is having a laugh with his Liverpool and United mates

Barcelona's unbeaten run ends with one match to go [/paste:font]
Simpson wins Players as Woods falls short [/paste:font]

What happened on final day of Premier League season? [/paste:font]
_101527141_salah_reuters.jpg

'Mercedes reboot leaves questions for Ferrari'

Juve boss 'staying unless they fire me' [/paste:font]

Giro leader Yates wins stage as Froome loses more time

Whose season is rated 'a complete farce' in the Premier League end-of-season report? [/paste:font]
_101525893_hi046601118.jpg

Salah breaks record as Liverpool secure top-four spot
[/paste:font]

Germany's Zverev wins Madrid title without dropping a set [/paste:font]

Juventus win Serie A to seal fourth double in as many years [/paste:font]

Man City reach 100 points with late goal at Southampton [/paste:font]

Sky News’ sports headline is about Salah winning the Golden Boot. I accept he has had a great season but I don’t accept that him(or anyone) winning the GB is more impressive or newsworthy than a team getting 100 points - it’s pretty bizarre really

Without a shadow of doubt we are treated differently than all of our nearest rivals and the almost non event of what is a ‘stupendous’ achievement is proof of that. If the Rags, Dippers, Arse etc had done what we have done this season the wall to wall coverage would have been nauseating.

It is all getting brushed under the same media carpet as per 2012 & 2014. Also what is this bullsh*t regarding multiple titles to be considered a great team. The Invincibles did not win the title the next season and that club won 1 trophy in 9 years after that season.

The narrative that is attached to our club is totally different to any other and the contrary types that come on this thread are either blind or just on a wind up.

Turned on Radio 5 Live at 7.30. We were not even mentioned on the sports report! Interview with Kopp, of course, mentioned Chelsea, Newcastle and Swansea. End of. Nothing else happened in the Premier League yesterday.
830 radio 4 city top story on sports news.
Radio 5 830 not mentioned

Turned on Radio 5 Live at 7.30. We were not even mentioned on the sports report! Interview with Kopp, of course, mentioned Chelsea, Newcastle and Swansea. End of. Nothing else happened in the Premier League yesterday.
Just listened to the 8:30 bulletin. Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Rangers & Shrewsbury all mentioned. Nothing on us but then nothing 5 Live does surprises me. Last season, on the day of the ‘Pete the badge’ incident, the only two games were us v Swansea & rags at Leicester. The latter was mentioned but not our game for 5 successive news bulletins. I complained to the BBC who said ‘We can’t mention every game’. There were only two.

In The Times online today City are the fourth story and rags are third

YCNMIU

at school me point last night on the Daily Fail online we were 17th sport headline

Come on City

We only have to pick up 14 extra points next season and we will be perfect!!!

Radio 4 sport bulletin had Salah first at 6.30 but by 8.30 we were first item - but then had a clip of Klopp on Salah's brilliance.

BBC breakfast gave us a mention, showed the goal and celebrations, mentioned the broken records.......

however, this was after reporting on Salah's 3 year old daughter kicking the ball around the anfield pitch.

I remember Sergio winning the golden boot and Joe the golden gloves but I cannot ever remember the wankfest that Salah is getting. I don't see 100 points being beaten for a very long time if ever. It is an incredible achievement but I am beginning to wonder if it actually happened or did I dream it?

What little coverage there is on the BBC Sport website you'll find way down the page, and it's the Shearer clip from MOTD on how we're not a great team.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44103520

I thought they might quietly close the page on the Shearer's nonsense, maybe even back peddle a bit, but no, they've doubled down.

This is their narrative, ignore and belittle.

We need some typical City humour here, how about a big f**k off banner with the word "Centurions" and below that in smaller letters "Not a Great Team"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.