Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a media backlash next season. We are, realistically, unlikely to equal this season's record-breaking stats, so the media will be quick to point out that we "have not done as well as in 2017-18". This will be taken as a decline.
Mark my words.

I would like City's media department to send out a reminder to outlets, something on the lines of;

Just a reminder...
City have broken the following records:

Most points in a season
Most wins in a season
Most goals in a season
Most away wins in a season
Most away points in a season
Best goal difference in a season
Most consecutive wins in a season
Biggest gap to second placed team in a season
Most passes attempted in a game
Most passes completed in a game
Most possession in a game
Been behind in matches for only 153 minutes, the fewest ever
Have 3 players in the premier league top ten scorers, more than any other team
Have 3 players in the premier league top ten assists, more than any other team

and incase you forgot we’ve won the

Premier league (2 places above our performance last season, with 22 more points)
&
The Carabao (League) Cup

Liverpool have:
Broken no records at all… but have the leagues top scorer
Finished 4th in the league (same as last season with 1 point less)
Made the Champions League final (but not won anything yet)

Cascarino: “it was a tough call putting Hendo in midfield. There have been a number of other candidates. David Silva went missing to Spain too often but Can, Milner and Wijnaldon, Ox and Lallana could all have got the spot. For me Zaha clinched it in those first 9 games”

Went missing. Utter prick.

At this point we're way past bizzare. It doesn't matter the football we play, or the records we break. We could win a treble and the team still would never be as good as X or Y. The only thing we can do is the same thing the dippers and rags have done. After a period of success and the big name players and fans that come along with it, you move them into the media. Then after 10-20-30 years they become mainstays, and can peddle a pro-City narrative. Or you go the more obviously transparent route and buy arsewipes like Castles to push your agenda.

Cascarino: “it was a tough call putting Hendo in midfield. There have been a number of other candidates. David Silva went missing to Spain too often but Can, Milner and Wijnaldon, Ox and Lallana could all have got the spot. For me Zaha clinched it in those first 9 games”
Went missing in Spain? That is outrageous and he needs challenging on that. What a wanker saying that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.