Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio 2 news @ 13:00 had Pep's whinge about the ball, as a story.

Usual shite trawled up, expensive squad, blah, blah, blah
How does a manager's comments about a football, make national news, when it rarely mentions sport in a normal news bulletin?
The beeb really don't like us.

Against a foreign side....

True, but he sounded sincere enough. Plus, if the shoe were on the other foot and I were the one commentating on another English club in Europe, the best you’d get out of me would be indifference (Chelsea) and outright loathing (Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Trafford Town). I can’t think of any circumstances under which I’d shout “Get in there”, not even for someone relatively innocuous like Bournemouth or Palace

Radio 2 news @ 13:00 had Pep's whinge about the ball, as a story.

Usual shite trawled up, expensive squad, blah, blah, blah
How does a manager's comments about a football, make national news, when it rarely mentions sport in a normal news bulletin?
The beeb really don't like us.

The furore about Pep's comments regarding the ball are ridiculous. We won the game so it wasn't sour grapes and he said he wouldn't have mentioned it if we had lost. If the ball is too light and difficult to pass and control it obviously levels out the contest for a less skilful side.

True, but he sounded sincere enough. Plus, if the shoe were on the other foot and I were the one commentating on another English club in Europe, the best you’d get out of me would be indifference (Chelsea) and outright loathing (Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Trafford Town). I can’t think of any circumstances under which I’d shout “Get in there”, not even for someone relatively innocuous like Bournemouth or Palace

Townsend is always pro English teams when covering ECL games. A stance BT should consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.