Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't miss your point, I don't see your point. When Bradford beat Chelsea in the FA Cup I remember the pundits going berserk about it. Of course they were, the underdog was turning over a leading team. So "Go on, go on" is EXACTLY what I would expect any and every neutral who loves football to be shouting. Every single time.

You have a point. I'm unconvinced that McInally would have wet himself with quite such gusto had he been at the Swamp however....

Don't remember any commentator or pundit ever shouting "go on son", only Gray when Gerrard scored against a FOREIGN team.

Getting excited by all means, shouting "go on son" no, never.

Happy for you to prove me wrong.

When Aguero was through in the 93rd minute, one kick away from winning the league, does Merson shout "go on son, go on son"?

Might just be me but in my mind there is a difference between shouting "chance" or "he's through" or whatever and "come/go on" or "Yeeesss" especially when it comes from national broadcasts

When Aguero was through in the 93rd minute, one kick away from winning the league, does Merson shout "go on son, go on son"?

Can sure as shit hear Jeff Stelling shout "oh no".

It was annoying listening to the commentators last night, but I understand why they were like that. They wanted an upset.

As you say though, shouting "go on son" is not on.

Was listening on bbc5 extra and not sure who the commentator was but it sounded like he would have been well pleased if the wolves scored, Sinclair in fairness had his city hat on.

Was listening on bbc5 extra and not sure who the commentator was but it sounded like he would have been well pleased if the wolves scored, Sinclair in fairness had his city hat on.

He did, but I think he was pretty fair. Adamant that Jesus had been elbowed, and that there were a couple of generous decisions from the ref. He mostly seemed to be pleased with having a decent match to commentate on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.